Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • manchester 100?
  • crikey
    Free Member

Anyone do it today, we had a good laugh and a cracking ride.

simondbarnes

No, but was out riding that way. Really wish more people would pay attention to where they are going rather than wandering all over the road.

crikey
    Free Member

Yes, gotta agree, people did seem to ride with a rather haphazard approach as regards road position.

Ed2001
    Free Member

They probably aren't as experienced as you two heroes of the road.

Pembo
    Free Member

Bought a road bike for winter training a few weeks ago and decided to enter. Probably the most boring thing I have ever done on a bike.

Fair play to the people who raised lots of money for charity, 3 girls raised over £3,000 for Christies.

MoreCashThanDash

Thought it was good ride, only did the 100km ride this year – it's not a hard route in terms of hills, but it got 6000 people out on bikes on a decent day to raise money for a good cause, which I would suggest is a good thing no matter what.

Lots of youngsters and women, lots of people who looked like they will have found the ride very challenging, hope they all enjoyed it in the end.

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

Manchester to Blackpool is a more scenic route, but these rides will attract the once a year charidee riders who don't know cycling etiquette, last time I did the M2B I spent most of the time following the white line in the middle of the road to avoid the unpredictables riding.

I always think they're good – raise money for charity and get people out on bikes who may not otherwise ride, and some of them may become more regular cyclists.

Last time I did Manchester 100 I was impressed with the two young teenagers who were riding the cheapest heaviest mountain bikes all in aid of Christies in Manchester.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘manchester 100?’ is closed to new replies.