• This topic has 41 replies, 29 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by sp92.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • Man v Food on Dave
  • hora
    Free Member

Anyone else a fan?? Bring on!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I watched this the other day and within an hour was eating a massive plate of chilli, chips and cheese… a massive plate.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Love it and have even recreated some of the dishes. 😀

wrecker
    Free Member

Love man vs food. An American friend recently told me he’s had to stop doing them due to health. Dunno if true.

Jamie
    Free Member

A self-educated food expert and trained sushi chef, since 1995 he has kept a travel journal including each of the restaurants he visited and what he learned from the trip. To maintain his health while indulging for his show on Travel Channel’s Man v. Food (which aired from 2008 to 2011) Richman would exercise twice a day while on the road. When the schedule permitted, he would not eat the day before a challenge and he tried to stay hydrated by drinking lots of water or club soda and forgoing coffee or soft drinks. Richman retired from competitive eating in January of 2012; as such, Man v. Food Nation was the final season of Man v. Food.

-WikiWikiWahWah

…apparently he had just had enough.

grahamt1980

Its great. Although how anyone can eat some of the challenges is beyond me. Stupid amounts of food

flippinheckler
    Free Member

My 11 year old autistic son has just discovered Man v Food, he is already obsessed by the USA, now he wants to go on a food tour of the USA. :S

hora
    Free Member

You couldn’t see that coming. The Big Jud looked insane. I could probably just finish then dictate ‘he died fed and happy’ for my gravestone.

djglover
    Free Member

I don’t want to like it but I do.

yunki
    Free Member

inspirational

fourcrossjohn
    Free Member

Always have my lunch to co incide with it 🙂 using some of the ideas for dinner to cook!

schnor
    Free Member

Love it! The hot (rather than pure volume) challenges are quite good too. Always hungry afterwards though 🙁

FROGLEEK
    Free Member

Found myself getting strangley addicted to watching that crap but mainly to laugh at fat Amercians cheering on another fat Amercian eating to bursting point.

donsimon
    Free Member

Found myself getting strangley addicted to watching that crap but mainly to laugh at fat Amercians cheering on another fat Amercian eating to bursting point.

You wouldn’t turn a challenge down though, would you? Admit it you’re just a little bit envious, aren’t you?

saleem
    Free Member

Love it, those caribou burgers, and crab challenges, brilliant, love it when he has to go and vomit.

MartynS

Some of the food looks fantastic.. I love the look of the BBQ pulled pork stuff.

It is truly addictive TV

Russell96

I agree it’s on some of the spicy foods that he really suffers.

Some of the kitchens are a bit rough thou.

tomhoward

Idieters, this is not the thread for you….I absolutely love it, so much so I’m in training for eating a 72oz steak challenge a local steak house offers (cattlemens in harrogate) then if I do that I’m going for a 5lb burger challenge that damn yankee (sister restaurant) does!

Once I win the lottery, I’m going to all the restaurants he’s been to! Might have to avoid some of the challenges though!

Jamie
    Free Member

Idieters, this is not the thread for you…

Nah, just eat around the bun…

Alejandro
    Free Member

Trash TV at its worst, an epitome of the American cultural theme of excess, doing enormous harm to the alleviation of the obesitiy crisis, blah blah blah…

taxi25
    Free Member

Def my guilty tv pleasure. Highlight was that guy in Toledo who ate a 5lb Burrito in 3min 10sec ! ! !

fourcrossjohn
    Free Member

Its on!

sparkyrhino

Series linked,enjoy watching in horror somtimes,the super hot chicken wings looked finger lickin good,the over the top crowds are only let down,its like a t.g.i ‘s full of birthday partys

finbar
    Free Member

One of my favoruite TV programmes at the moment.

Saw this challenge the other day, it actually looks impossible:

http://www.burgersatblacks.co.uk/the-beast

7lb burger in a 6lb bun – i’m sure that’s a greater weight than anything i’ve seen on Man vs Food.

dogbert
    Free Member

I enjoy this, It gives me some great ideas when I finally get off my backside and cook something. The challenges are fun but I’m more interested in the eateries and it’s nice to see a programme that isn’t all about poncy food or ingredients that can only be found by scaling the north side of K2.

MRanger156
    Free Member

Has anyone done the burger challenge at Peebles?

oldgrump08
    Free Member

Family viewing in the oldgrump household 🙂 Bad tv, bad diet but nom nom nom.
    Wish we had proper diners, rib shacks etc in the UK. I know there are a few, but….

fourcrossjohn
    Free Member

I now have to wait till 2 for my lunch 🙁

rhid

I watched about 2 hours of it this morning ands was seriously disappointed with my tiny boiled egg I ate for my lunch. I would hate to think of the fall out from some of those spicy challenges!!

saleem
    Free Member

That burger at Blacks looks terrible.

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

A TV program from the good ol’ US of A that celebrates gluttony…and you chumps lap it up…

Jamie
    Free Member

A TV program from the good ol’ US of A that celebrates gluttony…and you chumps lap it up…

Indeed we do, Buzz Killington.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

You watch there will be a thread on STW’ers own mega burger creations and webcam footage of them stuffing their faces.

donsimon
    Free Member

I agree, so I’m not going to make any form of comment on the matter.

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

don simon – Member
    I agree, so I’m not going to make any form of comment on the matter.

Too late.

donsimon
    Free Member

Too late.

In which case I apologise for not adding anything constructive to this thread.

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

Fine. Just don’t let it happen again.

finbar
    Free Member

Problem?

donsimon
    Free Member

Fine. Just don’t let it happen again.

I’l try not to do it again, I don’t think there’s anything worse than filling a thread up with inane posts.

london_lady
    Free Member

Oh crikey – the carnivore volume yesterday and now the breakfast volume including mancakes, biscuits & gravy and the badass omlette!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘Man v Food on Dave’ is closed to new replies.