Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Man steps up on an internet and asks for help
  • eth3er
    Free Member

I’m self employed fully qualified electrician, I am very good at what I do (I would say that) and also very humble.

The short story: I did some work for a guy early in the summer, sunk quite a lot of money into the project but he didn’t pay, he ran basically [long painful story], that basically snowballed a whole lot of messy things so now i’m in proper dung and it’s all rather grim. There is a side story involving Excell communications but that’s just too painful.

I am currently subcontracting for a landlord type but just not making enough as it’s all smallish jobs.

I just need one or two size-able rewires and things should straighten out.
    So if you have a big enough electrical project/rewire that might just help me weather this patch i’ll take it.
    I’m based in Sheffield but will travel pretty much anywhere (it’s that bad)as long as I can make enough.

bassspine
    Free Member

as self-employed I sympathise. Can’t help but: good luck

scaredypants

sorry to hear that mate – I think I remember you posting about your lost payment a while ago

can’t help, I’m afraid – too far away and no big stuff to do

best of luck

(might be after a house burglar alarm in the new year – southampton, mind !)

longwayup
    Free Member

If you email me some details (contact and what you do) then I’ll see about getting the info on our internal notice board (NH$ Sheffield). There’s always people pestering the on site electricians for private work.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Can you make sure to screw any floorboards back down properly please.

Best of luck. It’s tough out there. Keep your head down and things will get better.

matt_outandabout

Bugger 🙁

I have a mate who is a contract sparky in Sheffield – seems to be pretty busy most of the time. If it is any help, I can put you in touch.

Matt (matt_outandabout AT hotmail.com)

Olly
    Free Member

Good luck dude, sounds rotten.

woffle
    Free Member

I can ask some friends of my wife who are moving into a big place and (I think) having a lot of work done, not sure if they’re doing anything electric / have organized anything already – won’t be until the new year though…

Good luck.

scud
    Free Member

I can help with legal advice mate, if you fancy going after the guy that did a runner and did not paid you, if that’s of any help.

Email in profile. paul

Pieface

I’ll mention you if I hear of anything as I’m in the area.

RustyMac

Sorry i can’t help i’m in Aberdeen. Good luck, keep your chin up hope it works out for you.

scaredypants

you all see this yesterday ?

eth3er
    Free Member

Thank you for the bump scaredypants and everyone else who’s offered to help.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Man steps up on an internet and asks for help’ is closed to new replies.