Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Mallet DH as all round pedals?
  • munkyboy
    Free Member

Anyone using mallet DH as all round pedals? Any good or all the old crank bros issues?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Used the non dh ones and much better bearing life. Split platform (think it’s the same as the dh) means it a 5 mins job for bearing changes. Considering a pair myself

rocketman
    Free Member

Have got some Mallet 3s on the big bike I think they’re great. Nice action compared to SPDs can kindof tear your foot out and stamp it back in much easier even for a SPD boss like me.

Have only had them 8-9 months but tentatively they seem to have fixed the old bearing probs

cardo

I used a set of the original mallets on my SS , then would swap them to the big bike for gravity stuff, they worked fine.. You do get good at taking them apart every month for a re-grease or fettle but otherwise good pedals.

bigyinn
    Free Member

A friend of mine had mallets for a while, he got fed up with the pedal body remaining attached to his shoe leaving the spindle behind.
    He’s back on Shimano SPDs now….

vmgscot

Yep, run 2nd gen Mallets on my bouncy bike and new style Mallets on the hardtail. Never had the reported problems with bearings, etc, myself but I just pump full with grease every so often. Like the support of the platform and do unclip for those extra-techy moments.

VanHalen

as above. older style here and i do like the platform compared to a smaller pedal like the candys.

no bearing issues – 2 years in on second hand pedals. i do strip em occasionally

kimbers

they have a nicer feel than spds but require more mainetnence, newer ones are an improvement on bearing life, still not perfect

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Mallet DH as all round pedals?’ is closed to new replies.