Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Magicshine Q
  • lovewookie

I’ve had my magicshine light for a while now and until now it’s been pretty good.

It died yesterday morning, thought the battery may need charging, so charged overnight (the red light has never changed colour on the charger so there may have been a problem with that) connected it up this morning and got about 3 minutes out of it.

so, what’s more likely to be goosed? Battery or charger? I’m thinking the battery.

Are the new MS batteries any cop?

thanks in advance.

trout
    Free Member

Can I have it I want a dead one to mess around with .

most likely the battery is goosed Smudge does replacements

lovewookie

yeah sure, no problems, as long as you don’t mind me chopping the plug off.

cheers

Nikjohnson(at)btinternet.com

trout
    Free Member

Its not the battery I want I want the light head to put an XML Led in it to see if it improves the output

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

I’ve found that they are particularly susceptible to shorting out around the point where the wire emerges from the flex-protector on the plug. Twisting in this area seems to be the failure mode. The both outer casing and the inners seem to be too brittle.
    I’ve reinforced this area on both battery and lamp ends with a liberal dose of self-amalgamating tape to give it better flex protection. Seems to have done the trick.

Take a closer look at that area before you scrap ’em. You may find its recoverable.
    HTH

lipseal
    Free Member

trout – Member
    Its not the battery I want I want the light head to put an XML Led in it to see if it improves the output
    POSTED 1 HOUR AGO # REPORT-POST

Smell an upgrade?

Tiger6791

Trout, I’ve got 2 so could bear to lose one for a while if it’s being upgraded 🙂

Tiger6791

Even though I’m a Yorkshireman and have lived in the Dark satanic village with a ‘Duck Crossing’ they call Silsden ‘cos I was too mean to buy a house in Ilkley I’d even pay, yes pay to have the light upgraded 🙂

trout
    Free Member

Tiger I am game but cant make any promises it will be a huge improvement .
    and if you have 2 then a good man for a comparison .

I will drop you a mail with my addy on I only need the lamp head not the battery or charger .

smudge
    Free Member

lovewookie,
    If youre not sure if its the battery or charger, you can post both of them to me to check over, or im pretty sure Troutie has a 2S charger he can check youre battery against to see if its working or not.

lovewookie

Thanks Smudge.
    Thing is, I’m not convinced the battery was ok from the start. I’ve only ever had 3 hours run on low settings and the light on the head unit button has never been green, the charger has never been green either. Could well have been knackered from the start, eh?

smudge
    Free Member

No problem, post me the battery and we’ll take it from there.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Magicshine Q’ is closed to new replies.