Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Magicshine lights are they anygood?
  • SiCole
    Free Member

Looking for some new lights & they seem good value, anybody got any & are they any good? any posative or negative input apprectiated.
    Cheers

SiCole

radoggair
    Free Member

Yes, buy 2 for 60 squid, 1 helmet, 1 bars and its all you’ll ever need ( until next year when they bring out a 2000 lumen version for a fiver)

Some will moan about it being to ‘spot’ specific, others love it, others want a wider range. For the cash, there ‘spot’ on !! 🙂

Seriously, get em and night riding will become fun

stevewhyte
    Free Member

This must be the 10th thread like this..

p.s. yes they rock. MJ 872 simply brill.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

I like being helpful usually. Today I’m tired. Sorry.

SiCole
    Free Member

Cheers yes was looking at the 872, sounds to good to be true & wnated some real life input from single track users cheers

stevewhyte
    Free Member

I still cant believe how good these lights are since the lights i used to use 5 years ago.

hammy7272
    Free Member

872 love it

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/another-dx-light-option-a-mini-review-and-beamshots

and

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/magicshine-mj872would-you-recomend-it

and… tons more from the search box….

##Edit – Apologies if that comes across grumpy. Just I’ve been answering the same Q since August. If you want any more detail – let us know! I promise not to be as narky!

bellerophon
    Free Member

yep mine is great, I’ve got the XML one

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

I can’t complain; I’ve had a battery than recently decided to half its run time after a years use but compared to the prices of some kit out there they are AMAZING value

Brycey
    Free Member

First night ride in years (about 17!) last night with my new 872 and was absolutely blown away with it although I don’t have much to compare it to. As various threads have said fairly floody, so I had it on the bar and a torch headlight. Battery lasted full Whinlatter red on full power most of the time.

Northwind

I’ve only done one ride with my 872. It’s ridiculous tbh… Better than most lights costing 3 or 4 times as much. Remains to be seen if it’ll go the distance though.

stevewhyte
    Free Member

Anyone unhappy with the mount? i have only been out on the road with mine, in the trails. I am wondering if its wirth going for the hope mount when using it off road.

(For bar mount) 😉

Northwind

For bar mount? I’ve used another Magicshine with it and it needed a wee bit of cloth tape round the bars to stop it from slipping round. If I was planning to use it on the bars frequently I’d get the Hope mount for sure, just for the convenience.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Yea the mount isnt the best. But you should be able to mod/ bodge something from the spares box.

z1ppy
    Watson
    Free Member

Regarding the bar mount. I’ve recently got the MJ-872 with the new waterproof rated battery and during the recent Night of the Knobbly Tread XC race it did slip a bit. Now I wrap the small piece of the following matt around the bars. Its now rock solid.

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_175601_langId_-1_categoryId_165479

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Welcome to the forum Watson. Initially I thought you were spamming (unless you actually own Halfords in which case you would be)- but that does seem like a genuinely good idea! Thanks

radoggair
    Free Member

deal extreme do a light which is mounted instead of rubber o ringed. Bit heavier with the light but pretty good

reggiegasket
    Free Member

3 mates have 872s. Excellent performance. The o-rings can slip though. You can fit to a Hope clamp to remedy this though.

garybuckham
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eeh8XGXAFlY[/video]

Bought two MJ-872 for night-filming and they are very good. Also have two Hope Vison 2 on the helmet. Video does not truly show how bright these lights really are. I use the bar clamps from the Hope lights for the Magicshines. Thinking about getting another pair to mount on the front rack.

fastindian
    Free Member

used my 872 for the first time thursday, excellent really floody, filled the trail with a nice clear white light. I wouldnt recoment it for use on your lid as theres not spot at all, get a XML £30 special from deal extreme for that (there absolutely fantastic as well!)

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Magicshine lights are they anygood?’ is closed to new replies.