Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Magicshine Mounts
  • garybuckham
    Free Member

Bought a couple of Magicshine MJ-872 lights for the Pugsley a week or so ago and found the rubber band mounts less than satisfactory. Found a post online stating that Hope mounts could be used and as I had two spare gave them a go. Other than requiring a slightly longer bolt and mounting them on the h’bars in reverse, they work just fine. Also permit a better degree of adjustment as well. Only £8.00 from CRC.

Gary
    http://www.pugsley-on-patrol.org.uk
    P.S. Hope I don’t offend anyone. I have a Fat Bike.

z1ppy

Man two of them on your bars, **** that must be bright!
    Fair play about the Hope mounts, though I find them expensive compare to the electron mount your could get for £3 until stock ran out… go on say it, I’m tight!

garybuckham
    Free Member

Having fitted two Hope Visons 2’s to the helmet with Velcro mounts, I had the handlebars mounts spare. Yes, two are better than one. Photo does not truly show how much light there actually is.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    z1ppy

I’ve seen one in action, that photo isn’t doing them justice…

Kbrembo
    Free Member

Was the Hope conversion straight forward? Any adaptation needed?

Zippy…was the Electron Mount this one…

garybuckham
    Free Member

Only work you need to do is replace the bolt with one about 5 mm longer.

singlespeedstu

Was the Hope conversion straight forward? Any adaptation needed?

I used a Hope clamp on mine and as said above it just needed a slightly longer bolt.

Oh and z1ppy.

You **** tightwad. 😉

z1ppy

:mrgreen:

Kbrembo nope, it was this one:
    (they still use this image on the site but the adapter “Electron EHP300/305/310/315/320/330” is no longer available)

mrblobby
    Free Member

z1ppy, what did you do to seal up the hole the cable comes out of when using the new mount?

z1ppy

tbh nothing, I didn’t think it worth worrying about… used the same mount on my previous P7 for all of last year and now newer XML and not had any issues due to water ingress.
    Pop some silicon sealant around it, if your really worried.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Thanks, shall give it a go. Did you need a new bolt or was the one in there big enough?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Magicshine Mounts’ is closed to new replies.