Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Magazines in PDF form
  • monkeychild
    Free Member

With kindles and other e-readers becoming more popular; do you forsee more magazines giving the opportunity to download the same content?
    I have just put the ride on my kindle and I must say I like it. I wish more mags far the option.

jon1973
    Free Member

you can get STW Magazine on PDF.

redthunder
    Free Member

usenet

Mark

Singletrack has been available as a PDF download for over three years. Issue 64 just went live on our Apple App. Issue 1 is a free download on there too.

Premier Digital users get access to the entire back catalog in pdf format 🙂

As it happens I’m just looking at the Kindle as a mag delivery option for Singletrack.

bassspine
    Free Member

I’m sure it’s going to get ever more popular, and I like the idea but I just can’t stand reading e-magazines.

Especially the ones with clever pageturny animations and links. Did that click take me to the next page or to another article or even another bloody advert and now where’s the back button? Gaaah!

float
    Free Member

i read THIS magazine. online, pretty good, and completely free! i dont even mind watching the non compulsory video adverts.

edit: not PDF, or downloadable 😳 still a good read though 😀

Trimix
    Free Member

I reckon it will only appeal to those who are into their tech. Not the majority who want something thats disposable / readable without fear of loss/damage etc.

Also Mags are a great vehicle for glossy pictures. That just dosent work on laptops/palmtops/handhelds/kindles etc.

monkeychild
    Free Member

I know STW is in PDF format but to give it it’s due the STW crew seem keen in their tech.
    More publishers need to embrace the tech!!!!!

puncturo
    Free Member

Can anyone tell me when issue 64 will be available in the flippy version? I can’t stand reading it in pdf! Give me the flippy one every time.

armchairbiker

You cannot pile up pdf files in your toilet for essential reading can you…..

enough said 🙂

jon1973
    Free Member

true, you can never find a substitute for the toilet magazine rack.

househusband

Wideopen magazine is very readable in PDF format.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I was a premium user and had the PDFs. It’s nice to access the back catalogue, esp the stuff in flippy flash. But at the end of the day, reading it on Acrobat reader on the PC annoyed me so much that I let the premium user status lapse. And my ipod wont do flash – gagh!

I keep meaning to get the paper subscription only (I love the glossy front covers without all the crud on them). But I also want premier status again – for the web-site xtras and the back catalogue. Dithering dithering.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Magazines in PDF form’ is closed to new replies.