Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Mad is not the word!
  • oxnop
    Free Member

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/is-this-good-service

the story is in the thread above.

Still the bike is not sorted – got a call yesterday saying the bike was ready to pick up (3 weeks later & since spending a couple of grand Sarah has still not been able to ride her bike)

5 mins later got another call saying "oh yeah just set the shock up for her weight and it's still not sorted, so it will have to go back to mojo" but don't worry we'll put another shock on so she can ride it.

60 mile round trip later get the bike home – check the shock- 0psi – WTF – so I think 'oh it may be a new shock so no psi' pump up to 100 to test & 15 mins later 0 psi!

So now into 4th week – and Sarah still can't ride her bike and we have been given a foobared shock. I'm so mad I wish the shop was open so I could go mental. Another huge round trip.

What should I do this is a joke – 4 week without being able to ride her bike!

oxnop
    Free Member

Actually – I just want my money back – does anyone know if I have a legal right?

Bought bike – on first ride realised goods were faulty – told shop at first opp ( Monday after purchased on the sat )
    bike not rode again & taken back to shop, been there since.

Bike and shop – it's time to reveal.

ton

is the shop in leeds.
    get a full refund and buy elsewhere

oxnop
    Free Member

Ibis mojo it was the ex demo bike sold with a full warranty – stif is the shop

ton

thought so…
    demand a refund, you are within your rights.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Money back time – no questions no bullshine – just go and get your money back

Wherever goods are bought they must "conform to contract". This means they must be as described, fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality (i.e. not inherently faulty at the time of sale).

If goods do not conform to contract at the time of sale, purchasers can request their money back "within a reasonable time". (This is not defined and will depend on circumstances)

http://www.berr.gov.uk/whatwedo/consumers/fact-sheets/page38311.html

Somewhere there is a point about restitution to you must be in a reasonable timeframe – now that is reasonable as defined by " what the man in the street would think" ( roughly)

I don't think a month plus delay is reasonable and I know of no case law on thins but there probably is some

oxnop
    Free Member

I feel weird- I can't believe how mad I am. Is it normal to get so worked up? It's just that I've prob spent 10 hours driving to and fro + leaving work early etc to try and get this sorted. We had a big ride planned this weekend with friends & it's just really got to me.

I'm supposed to be going out tonight but I'm not now as I don't think I'm in the right frame of mind.

Crap crap service.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

oxnop – its not worth getting your knickers in such a twist over. take a chill pill maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan

grumm
    Free Member

oxnop – v understandable but it's not gonna help ultimately. By the way I've found trading standards helpful in the past when being messed around.

Lots of steady deep breaths, focus on the breathing 🙂

As Teej states – start quoting the Sale of Goods Act at them and they'll cave. Follow his link, or Google it and take it in.

stompy

Torch the place…… 👿 (after getting your refund)

ton

i have come to the conclusion the most bike shops are crap, and offer crap service.
    i buy frames and parts and build up the bike that i want, and then i know that it is set up/built correctly.

i bought a frame off stif in the past, and when you are spending big money, they are all over you.
    go back in with a problem, or a small purchase/advice and they treat you like a leper.
    deffo one of the worst shops i have ever delt with.

firestarter
    Free Member

not another mojo ;-(

feel for you mate i always found service at stiff great (so long as you were spending as much as you obviously have) i guess its just crap across the board now ;-(

oxnop
    Free Member

Cheers guys. I know worse things could be happening in my life……

Still
    mad
    though (a little less mad than before) 😉

ton

wanna buy a bike…i will deliver it tomorrow am…. 😉

tails
    Free Member

Take a barry I would lend you mine but your a bit far away, I find barry always gets a positive responce.

Meet barry

mybike
    Free Member

Have a bike you can borrow 😉

markenduro
    Free Member

Can't you borrow a shocker off lester?

mamadirt
    Free Member

ton – Member

i have come to the conclusion the most bike shops are crap, and offer crap service.

Ton, and I thought it was just me 😐 . As a fellow serial frame-swapper I've come to the conclusion that it's par for the course . . . sheesh, I'm still waiting for a refund almost 3 weeks after returning a pair of (unopened) forks because the retailer in question can't trace them in the warehouse despite online confirmation of delivery on the Parcelforce site 🙄 . I'm giving up buying stuff as from now!

I feel your pain Oxnop – hope it gets sorted real soon.

oxnop
    Free Member

Mark- I prob would of got better service from lester or even moz.

Mybike – cheers for the offer (again) If needed I'll drop you a text.

Simmering down now- think we will really push for our money back as I don't want this kind of service if something else was to go wrong in future!

theotherjonv

before writing off the second shock, is it worth checking the schraeder valve isn't slightly loose?

oxnop
    Free Member

Looking at the 'new' carbon dt Swiss shock it looks as though it may be cracked! Put the bike away now and I don't want to look at it again!

oxnop
    Free Member

oxnop
    Free Member

Update.

So after rehearsing what I was going to say I called the shop. After starting my rant I soon realised that I was talking to someone who actually cared about the problems we'd been having.

Within a few mins I had allready been offered a full refund – which I was slightly taken back by.

I was speaking to the assistant manager (craig) and he has ended up sorting my GF out(can't believe I wrote that) big time.

He said he would have a think and see what he could do for us.

Within a few hours he had called us back and offered her a brand new blur LT in AM guise ( x9/ 2010 rev uturns/ tech m4's etc etc) in any colour she fancied – White of course!

So we have just picked the bike up (I'm sat in my van outside pizza shop as i type) and feel compelled to respond to what I wrote above.

Sarah is well chuffed and I've come away thinking that customer service is down to the person you speak to and I shouldn't have been so quick to loose my rag.

Thanks stif – we'll be using you again

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Result – and big on you for posting. Its easy to complain but many of us forget to praise

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Mad is not the word!’ is closed to new replies.