Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Mach trails
  • roddersrambler
    Free Member

Thinking of doing the mach 3 trail tomorrow in machynlleth followed by the cli-mach.I have done the latter before and enjoyed it.Has anyone got any experiences of the mach 3 trail ? Any good ?

devs
    Free Member

I did them the other way round last July. The Mach3 is a bit of a gate fest and a lot of fireroad but there are some nice bits. Notably the chute which is a bit like Jacobs Ladder. i.e big loose rocky descent.
    Climachx is a “nice” generic singletrack ride for 13km with the last 2km being a completely different ride. Quite a technical blast of a DH with the odd obstacle thrown in. You’ll probably want to go round and do the last descent again. There is a shortcut through the woods which allows this and you also get to do a nice wallridy bit of curly shore.

richc
    Free Member

Last time I did the Mach 3 is wasn’t very good, the Climax on the other hand was excellent. Might be worth looking at this site in order to bulk it out a bit tho.

http://www.flattyresmtbroutes.com/ClimachxHarder.html

takisawa2

machX is spot on. If I were there this mach3 would have to be very good to tempt me away from doing the machX twice.

roddersrambler
    Free Member

Yeah when i went i did the climach twice,long way to go for 50 mins riding ! I just fancy doing some more natural stuff for a change,and the mach3 looks ok and is waymarked.Will still have a blast around climach post mach 3 mind ! 😀

s8tannorm
    Free Member

We haven’t had too much rain of late so the Mach’ 3 should be ok. If you like manmade trail centre type stuff you’ll possibly hate it though.

Theres better stuff in Dyfi forest (where the ClimachX is) just go exploring.

chunkychew
    Free Member

What Devs said

richc
    Free Member

The far point of the Mach 3 is near NyA and there is some very good natural riding around there. The old STW routes for that area are well worth a look.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Mach trails’ is closed to new replies.