Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Mac – Snow Leopard update?
  • carbon337
    Free Member

I never bothered updating to Lion, should I update to Lion before Mountain Lion or stay on Snow Leopard for now and hope I can go direct to Mountain Lion when that is released.

simon77
    Free Member

well my 2010 iMac has been a world of pain for wifi dropping issues since i upgraded. I’m toying between rolling back or letting applecare have a play at replacing the wificard. It seems this is not an uncommon problem. When does the mountain lion appear?

carbon337
    Free Member

Summer apparently. Think i’ll wait as im ok on SL and if there is no path I will just do a double update then.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Simon, check the latest software update. If that doesn’t fix your problem, let me know and I’ll describe the process I applied to fix mine (2010 iMac)

pebblebeach
    Free Member

Mountain lion due in June according to the guy in the apple store my son bought his mac from.

spacemonkey

I went from SL to Lion just after release. Can’t say it’s improved or indeed altered my everyday experience in any way. Perhaps more hardcore users get more out of it?

philstone

I’m dual booting Mountain Lion and Lion, been using ML nearly permanently since its release to Devs, until last night when it was acting weird when VPN’ing onto a client site, rebooted into Lion and it was fine, still running off Lion partition now and only remembered when I saw this… What does that tell you – nothing really ground breaking in ML.

Some people are reporting better battery performance and slighter better speed, especially with instant on, but its not really that noticeable.

In short, don’t stress about getting to Lion if its only to get to ML.

simon77
    Free Member

Thanks three fish, i’ll take any suggestions!
    I’ve got 10.7.3
    I’ve removed all networks except mine from preferred networks.
    I’ve changed the DNS entries to googles (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4).
    I’ve renewed the dhcp licence.
    I tried creating a new “location”.
    Any pretty much all permutations of the above.

timwillows
    Free Member

I was hoping ML would improve Lion in the same way SL improved Leopard, still not overly impressed with Loin but better now than when first released

mattjg
    Free Member

Don’t go to Lion unless you specifically need to.

philstone

I was hoping ML would improve Lion in the same way SL improved Leopard

It may well do so yet, its only on the first DP..

Lion DP 1 wasn’t fantastic either..

tumnurkoz
    Free Member

I’m liking the notifications in ML, but i’ve been unimpressed since Lion with boot times (even after a fresh install) ML is faring no better but that’s booted the same way as philstone. It may be better off an internal drive. SL was waaaayyyy faster from cold boot.

geoffj

I’ve got an iMac on SL and a MBA on Lion. No dramas on either, but neither feel as solid as Leopard TBH.

CaptJon
    Free Member

I upgraded by laptop to Lion as it was free, but left my iMac and (work) MacPro with SL as there wasn’t much different, and Lion seems to run a bit slower.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Mac – Snow Leopard update?’ is closed to new replies.