Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Mac Book Pro's
  • RegP
    Free Member

Just a question as I need a new laptop for work, is there anywhere that you can buy older stock, ie Sale goods on Apples computer/laptops or do they not do anything like this??? The Apple Store never seems to have a sale!

I think new is out of my price bracket and just wondered if this was an option.

RegP
    Free Member

Drac, thanks, not the huge sale prices I would want to see but typically apple. If not apple what other laptops are good?

McHamish
    Free Member

Apple hardware is fixed price across all UK retailers, you might find an online retailer who would do it cheap, but you’d be lucky to find one in a shop.

There’s no incentive for Apple to have a sale on their current line, so don’t hold your breath for that.

Your only hope if refurbished or 2nd hand, or perhaps wait for them to release a new version, they might sell off the older version at a reduced price.

PrinceJohn

These guys sell second user macs & are good people to deal with.

batfink
    Free Member

New macbook pro’s are out soon (apparently), but will be more expensive due to retina dispay….

linky

batfink
    Free Member

also if you or a friend is going to the US, it works out cheaper to get one over there. Warantees are international, so no worries in that regard

Slogo
    Free Member

I got my MacBook Pro at lower that RRP with a bigger HDD. it was on offer at currys/PC world. It was still nearly a grand! for a computer!!!! It was a bit of a whim as i only went in to get a lead but after the xmas in the states and all my friends and families got new apple products after getting a new job overseas and getting a weeks pay upfront, I just thought i deserved one.

I can now sit in costa, starbucks and look like I’m a write/journalist.

Its a great piece of kit I would never go back to a plastic PC laptop. I travel a lot and its so robust. Plus the light up keyboard is fantastic.

Just make sure all your programs you use for work are available on the mac. Ive not had one problem with mine. Its still only 6 months old

MrSmith
    Free Member

pc world usually have some of the last model discounted. the current ones just have a small speed bump so not a big difference.

glenh
    Free Member

RegP – Member
    ….not the huge sale prices I would want to see

Yeah, good luck with finding any apple stuff at huge discounts!

That said, it’s expensive with good reason. Love my MBP – best computer I’ve ever had, and never missed a beat in 3 years.

d3fm3ch
    Free Member

I’ve had two MBPs and loved them but my next machine is going to be the Mac Book Air. Awesome bit of kit and cheaper than the Pro.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Mac Book Pro's’ is closed to new replies.