Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Mabie or Ae
  • mrmojo
    Free Member

Any one know what state Ae XC trail is in ? I know it was in a bit of a state recently so maybe thinking giving it a miss and doing Mabie instead.
    I’m over staying this weekend at St Johns Town of Dalry so pretty near all the Stanes be riding kirroughtree Saturday but undecided for Sunday.

MikeWW
    Free Member

Dalbeatie a lot better than Ae or Mabie IMO

druidh
    Free Member

Don’t discount Drumlanrig either.

mrmojo
    Free Member

I’ve rode all Stanes few times ta .. rode Dalbeatie not too long ago so counting that out .. not done Ae or Mabie for a while so was thinking between the two. Was leaning towards Ae but been reading it’s a not in the best nic at the moment.
    Never thought of Drumlanrig only ever rod it in the summer does it hold out well in the rain ? that could be a good shout.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

We’re in the area at the end of March and have discounted Mabie already – last couple of times we’ve been its been pretty rubbish. Seems to be more climbing than descending! Think we’re planning on doing Ae instead.

rj
    Free Member

Drumlanrig was in pretty good shape on Sunday.

mrmojo
    Free Member

Cheers for that .. I think Drumlanrig it is ..

chakaping
    Free Member

Slight hijack – Will I be wasting my time at Drumlanrig on a 6in travel bike?

Already planning my April trip to Scotland and always wanted to go there, but think I’ve read it’s all flowing singletrack (sounds great!). Perhaps I need to take two bikes.

burnsybhoy
    Free Member

Perfect for a HT as it’s pretty old school.

The first time I rode it was on a full suss and I did feel a bit over biked.

mrmojo
    Free Member

mmmmm I 5.5inch of travel … I’ll give it bash anyway.

Trekster

mojo…just do them all in a day.

forecast is wet all weekend btw
    If I wasnt down the Lakes I could have shown you the bits you dont see

dbw I will be in Spain when you`re up as above ht is perfect for any 7Stanes trail imo

mrmojo
    Free Member

Cheers anyway Trekster maybe another time .. I see the forecast aint the best need to get the waterproof out.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Mabie or Ae’ is closed to new replies.