Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • M6 Toll query
  • maccruiskeen

Car A is travelling from the north, Car B is travelling from the south.

They rendezvous at the services on the M6 Toll, hand over a human cargo and a bag of xmas presents, then Car returns north and Car B returns south.

I can’t remember where the toll booths are in relation to the services. So how many times will each car need to pay a toll?

Will one car pay twice and the other pay nothing, for instance?

The Northbound main toll is North of the services, the Southbound is down before the M42, so exits coming South before the main toll and vice versa will have tolls but not entries. Both will pay once I think – not coming in, but leaving.

maccruiskeen

Cool, so long as its not more than once each then thats fine.

Day one of 2000 miles of xmas errands commences!

Bregante

They rendezvous at the services on the M6 Toll, hand over a human cargo and a bag of xmas presents,

Code for eastern European hooker and a bag of blow.

maccruiskeen

well there’s a £5 limit for the secret santa so thats the best I could do

tthew

But you can’t cross over the motorway at the services can you? So you’ll both have to leave at the next junciton and pay a toll to turn, then go north/south and pay at the end again, (I think)

The services is on one side – accessible and egressible in both directions

Greybeard
    Free Member

egressible

Excellent word – I shall have to use that somewhere

maccruiskeen

That’s why we chose those services, so we can turn back. Although if you look there’s usually a way of being able to get a car form one side of a motorway services to the other as they all have goods access from local roads for delivery and the emergency services and an underpass linking the two sides.

geordiemick00
    Free Member

Although if you look there’s usually a way of being able to get a car form one side of a motorway services to the other as they all have goods access from local roads for delivery and the emergency services and an underpass linking the two sides.

Yep, like Charnock Richard Services on M6 which is a handy rat run to get to Chorley. My ex boss said “i’ve been doing it for ten years, never been stopped once”.. first time I used it, got pulled by Police….. Second time the barriers that are always up, were down….. 😆

binners

Remember: if you don’t get it to at least 120 on the M6 toll, you’re gay! Though apparently, it isn’t a race track.

yeah, right! 😀

molgrips
    Free Member

It’s only £2.60 what are you worrying about.. try living in South Wales 🙂

Moses

I though it was £5 or so. I didn’t know you could return that way.

Why didn’t the slimy toads give the toll road a different number? The M48 / M4 are parallel, they changed the number when the new bridge opened.
    Was it just to create confusion & more business for the toll system?

jota180
    Free Member

£5.50 through the week, £4.80 weekends

discounts for night-time

takisawa2

We used to have a house we rented out right behind the services.
    The one travelling South could quite easily come off at J12 & head along the A5, then pull into the services service road to swap pressies.

molgrips
    Free Member

Oh, it was £2.60 last time I did it, maybe that was off peak 🙂

I never understood why they named it M6. I originally thought it was some kind of expressway alternative to avoid Brum, but in most cases it’s not.

grum
    Free Member

The man and the chicken cross the river, (the fox and corn are safe together), he leaves the chicken on the other side and goes back across.

The man then takes the fox across the river, and since he can’t leave the fox and chicken together, he brings the chicken back.

Again, since the chicken and corn can’t be left together, he leaves the chicken and he takes the corn across and leaves it with the fox.

He then returns to pick up the chicken and heads across the river one last time.

maccruiskeen

It is done. 6 hours after setting off Car A and Car B arrived at the rendezvous within 30 seconds of each other.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aG0PNDDJXn4[/video]

One down, 400 miles done, only 7 more festive errands to run.

TheBrick
    Free Member

And the Hooker?

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘M6 Toll query’ is closed to new replies.