Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Lyrik Floodgate Removal Modification
  • littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

Has anyone here done this? Removed the floodgate to make the forks more small bump sensitive?

http://www.pinkbike.com/video/146846/

What were the results? Any negative comments? All the feedback I have encountered so far has been pretty positive, so I’m planning on making the mod today. However I am a bit worried it may lead to increased diving?

Konastoner
    Free Member

Done mine a few weeks back, it improves the damping rather than plushness in my opinion.

A more worth while mod though is to swap out the inner seal under the wiper seal for foam rings, this made a massive improvement on initial stiction. Just have to service more regular as a result though.

Ewan
    Free Member

I’m doing this in the next few weeks (/when I get round to it) – I’ve never touched the flood gate other than to check it’s off. Would be interested to find out what you think.

jools182
    Free Member

I was told you can’t get foam rings for lyriks, do you just get them for a different model of fork?

I’m only getting about half the travel out of mine at the moment, I think I need to shell out for a softer spring

Vortexracing

thinking of doing this mod on my Domains

Vortexracing

thinking of doing this mod on my Domains

whoops 😳

Konastoner
    Free Member

Jools, give TFT a ring they did mine. 😉

jools182
    Free Member

konastoner – they sold you some foam rings?

littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

Erm, I’m not sure it’s gonna be happening in a hurry – as it seems that someone, at some point, has rounded off the grub screws to the compression knob so I’m struggling to work out how the heck I’m gonna get it off 🙁

Konastoner
    Free Member

Jools, they are Boxxer seals i.e. same 35mm stansions. I had mine fitted as part of a service as I complained about stiction, i’m sure they’ll sell you some.

littlegirlbunny, check that the grub screw is clear of dirt. A small pin / needle will clear the allen socket.

jedi

jo, you got mail 🙂

jedi

i will be fitting my new lyrics with tapered steerer to the corperate rocket this week to see if like them better than my marz 55 basic forks

littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

littlegirlbunny, check that the grub screw is clear of dirt. A small pin / needle will clear the allen socket

done that 🙁

Konastoner
    Free Member

Are both rounded? If not the cap may come off with 1 grub screw backed out all the way, alternativly you could try an imperial allen key.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

Jo – have a set of imperial allen keys that may help – email me if you want to try them (one is marginally bigger than its metric cousin)

rob

littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

Cheers Rob, I may be in contact! We may try filing down a 2 mm key first.

Konastoner – yeah, they are both the same unfortunately.

So damn frustrating as I’m not going to get the time to look at them again until next weekend unless I’m particularly lucky, and I was so hoping to try them out on a night-ride tonight.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

A tiny torx may work better

swisstony
    Free Member

did this on mine a couple of months ago and tbh i can’t tell any difference

jools182
    Free Member

changed the spring in mine a couple of weeks ago

anyone know if it needs breaking in?

still not getting the travel I want

scruff
    Free Member

I took the floodgate bits off my Totem as per pinkbike, seemed a bit better but at the same time I redid all the oil so it may be more than than the floodgate. There is another way to use the floodgate fully off and lockout or low speed damping fully on, or something. I think its one of TFs ideas.

scruff
    Free Member

jools, might be too much oil in.

jools182
    Free Member

I properly stripped and cleaned the forks, and put the recommended amounts of oil back in

maybe I should have got a softer spring?

carbon337
    Free Member

I have no floodgate in mine – I am using the DH 2010 damper normally only found on the 170 forks (but I am using it on a coil 160 uturn)

I bought fork from Vortex racing above with it like that. I am getting full travel but not blowing through. Using a very underrated spring though for my weight.

jools182
    Free Member

I think that might be the way to go, maybe get an x-soft spring even though I am 11.5 stones

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Lyrik Floodgate Removal Modification’ is closed to new replies.