Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Lyrik AIR problem(?) – help?
  • hora
    Free Member

Me and forks (sheesh).

Ok on the two-step. When the forks are at the 115 setting and I want to go to the 160 setting I flick the switch….nothing. I have to prize the lowers bridge away from the bars manually.

Riding along in 115 over rough terrain doesnt ping/'awake' them either. Help!

soulrider
    Free Member

its f***ed.. get it back to fishers and get a coil U-turn put in..

I had this happen to me twice (well the first time it failed it stayed out at 160mm the second it stayed at 115mm)

plus the low speed damping stopped working as well with air so they felt rigid until they hit a big bump.

I have now had my forks running sweet after the above 'downgrade' for about a year (with a couple of oil changes in the lowers) and they feel a far better fork!

hora
    Free Member

These are 2009 so should be 'fixed' though? What year was yours?

SECOND ride on them.

ooOOoo
    Free Member

That's bad. They won't even extend when you do a wheelie?

Riding along in 115 over rough terrain doesnt ping/'awake' them either. Help!

what does that mean though?

neil853
    Free Member

It sounds like the 2 step has failed. Not an uncommon thing although i don't know if it was so much of an issue with the '09 versions. I had the same issue with mine and since had the coil unit put it.

Contact fishers who will sort it out. Problem is you will be without your bike for a bit 🙁

hora
    Free Member

They'll drop from 160 to 115 but not the other way.

Once in 160 mode they stay there though.

What I mean is hitting rough ground doesnt help activate the longer travel option even with the lever turned.

hora
    Free Member

Contact fishers who will sort it out. Problem is you will be without your bike for a bit

If I can time it right I should be ok. Anyone have a number for Fishers?

akira

General Enquires – 01727 798 340

hora
    Free Member

Could it just be alot of stichon/pre-breaking them in?

alpin
    Free Member

try sticking loads of air into the – upto it's max. this should force open the neg chamber. something in the manual somewhere….

alpin
    Free Member

oh, and mine doesn't return to full travel unless i un-weight it with small wheelie pop….

hora
    Free Member

Alpin I found I liked 90psi (manual says use 120 for my weight) and more compression wound on suits me better.

I was pumping the forks- everything! to coax the travel up!

soulrider
    Free Member

mine are 07s.. and still working great

since I had the coil put in..
    teh 2Step circuit is goosed.. call fishers.

hora
    Free Member

oh, and mine doesn't return to full travel unless i un-weight it with small wheelie pop….

+1 I've just found.

Bosh
    Free Member

Dunno why they are so problematic but nearly every review I've read of the new spesh enduro with the 2 step lyrics, the bike has been marked down because the fork has stopped working properly.

hora
    Free Member

Dunno why they are so problematic but nearly every review I've read of the new spesh enduro with the 2 step lyrics, the bike has been marked down because the fork has stopped working properly.

I read the same in MBUK and sister mags. Im guessing they didnt perceivere with them- just a snapshot test. I reckon if you live with them- iron out the probs they'll prove to be gems.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Hora, I've just noticed there's a 2 step troubleshooting guide on the SRAM site.

alpin
    Free Member

yup. but first time you use it, chuck in loads of air forcing open the other chamber that helps it return… or something.

pump it up as if you were a big lad then let it out and start again.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Lyrik AIR problem(?) – help?’ is closed to new replies.