Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Lynton Exmoor – good riding?
  • Wally

Visiting there shortly, lots of easy to follow trails?
    I was planning to simply wander like an emmit into the Tourist Information centre and get a trail map.

JAG

The Information Centre is in the Town Hall in the middle of Lynton.

They’ll sell you a South West Cycling book (can’t remember the correct title) and may have some free stuff – it’s been a while.

However most of the good Exmoor riding is Somerset side of the border i.e. nearer to Porlock and Dunster 8)

ajantom

Some ok bits over the moors towards Simonsbath and Parracombe.
    Also on the coast towards Heddon’s Mouth.
    I did a nice loop a few years ago starting at Parracombe, headed cross country to Hunter’s Inn. and down to Heddon’s Mouth. Along the coast to Woody Bay, and then south towards Shallowford.
    I basically followed my nose, and it was on a mixture of bridleways, footpaths, and some open moor riding.
    The coast path is rideable – but not allowed – and will be busy this time of year. Go early or late!

Dibbs
    Free Member

VERY HILLY!!!

Pook

It’s great round there. Valley of the Rocks has some lovely sea view paths, and just over the way is one of my favourite UK descents in Porlock Weir. Buy the vg book though – it’s ace

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

There is few bridleways top of Watersmeet and around to Rochford etc as said above best stuff is Dunkery Beacon/Horner woods/Croydon Hill and above Bossington all the places behind Minehead and Porlock.Lovely walking around Lynton as said Valley of the rocks/watersmeet from Lymington.

jobro
    Free Member

By the way OP, you’re a grockle.
    Emmit is a Cornish word and we don’t like that sort of language around here!
    Lynton has lots of little bits of trail, but not anything to string together. I’ve always thought its perfect rough stuff riding – bit of road, bit of off road.
    Q’s are not very far away 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Lynton Exmoor – good riding?’ is closed to new replies.