Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Lycra Choices?
  • fairhurst
    Free Member

Altura have always been the choice of weapon for my jaunts.Now that spring has sprung it is time that i renewed my lycra.

Quality and comfort is of the upmost importance..

what do the stw massive suggest?

thank you.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Not altura.

Whats your budget? Lots of great shorts but does depend on how much you want to spend.

fairhurst
    Free Member

Budget is not an issue when it comes to lycra from now on.

Stevo210
    Free Member

Righto I’ll chuck in my thoughts

Assos FI Uno S5 bib shorts, super comfy, forget they’re on and apparently will last for years. The chamois is a little odd but it does the job amazingly. Another good thing about Assos is there sizing is based on height so the fit seems (for me anyway) to be better than other brands, where the shoulders can go saggy once in the riding position.

I was a bit skeptical about the price but I managed to get a pair for £80 when wiggle had a special deal. Waiting for another deal to get another pair, wouldn’t look elsewhere now.

fairhurst
    Free Member

Steveo thank you for your feedback I have been contemplating what would’ve the most suitable and I certainly do like my Lycra to have reflective stickers on as it’s good to be seen on these godforsaken roads!
    I have always been one for safety on my bike.

gee
    Free Member

Castelli? Bought some of their 3/4 bibs and spring top last year and it’s been good so far.

GB

ElShalimo

How about the comfiest lycras for £40?
    Need some new shorts and don’t want to spend too much

jam-bo

just got some bargain fox lycra from CRC. Evo 3/4’s for £20 and Evo bibs for £25.

Water
    Free Member

Specialized RGX bibs for me from now on, thrown out all of my long in the tooth lycra and updated my entire wardrobe.

I can honestly say it’s made a difference to my riding knowing that every time I head out I’ll be comfortable!

ElShalimo

cheers jam bo

Dibbs
    Free Member

I’ve got two pairs of Assos F1 Mille, one four years old and the other two years old, and I can’t tell the difference between them, I think I’ll get a few more years and several thousand miles out of them yet.
    Mind you the best price I’ve found lately is around £152, so I need to.

Kryton57

gee – Member
    Castelli? Bought some of their 3/4 bibs and spring top last year and it’s been good so far.

Bib shorts for me but + 1 – super comfy, and lots in the sales at the moment.

mrmuddybum
    Free Member

I normally buy Giordana Tenax bibs, but they seem to be getting increasingly rare. I’m interested in trying some Assis T FI.Uno ones, but spending over £100 on shorts doesn’t compute, especially if they only last as long as the Giordana ones. They have lasted a couple of years and they are now bobbling quite a bit in places.

If the Assos ones last much longer than a couple of years, then I could be persuaded to invest in some, but do they?

tracknicko
    Free Member

no budget?

assos

sensible budget

santini

njee20
    Free Member

Assos FI Uno S5 bib shorts, super comfy, forget they’re on and apparently will last for years. The chamois is a little odd but it does the job amazingly. Another good thing about Assos is there sizing is based on height so the fit seems (for me anyway) to be better than other brands, where the shoulders can go saggy once in the riding position.

I don’t like the Unos, too much padding. The Milles and the F.I.13s are better, but far more expensive, and actually the latest ones I’ve seen haven’t been as good on quality and IME don’t seem to last as long as they used to.

I really like Gore ones, the Ozon bibshorts are more sensibly priced and very comfy.

rootes1

i bought some 3/4 Assos bibs FI Uno..

done about 200miles in them, but they rideup/bunch up at the back of my knee and they rub..

probably because i am very tall and they should come to the calf.. but on me are more like shorts..

Shame as apart from that they fit well and are comfy…

now they will just sit and do nothing.. doubt anyone will want to buy some 2nd hand bibs despite them being like new

njee20
    Free Member

You’d be surprised…

rootes1

might stick them on ebay then… obviously properly washed..

Found Endura FS260 pro bibs 3/4 – this was after of course I sent my first pair back to Endure asking then is the thread used was correct and the stitching pattern was correct as it was very rough..

turns out they weren’t and they send me another pair – those have been ace

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Lycra Choices?’ is closed to new replies.