Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • lumilite
  • elaineanne
    Free Member

advert in MBUK mag. was 79 quid before xmas but normally sells at 150 quid… lumilite p7….. does anyone have one of these lights.. it says powerfull warm light with flood optics for improved nite vision and a choice of 3 lighting modes and is WATERPROOF…… only downside is i think its only handlebar fitting… ? i have emailed them to find out about fixings….. be great if it was helmet fixing too….
    prob my luck that the price has gone up now anyway…..
    http://www.lumilite.co.uk

s8tannorm
    Free Member

I've got one and from what I can tell it's the same as the Deal Extreme light. Can't fault it though, certainly bright enough, seems well made. All I did was make a new strap for holding the battery.

Must say that they seem pretty poor at answering emails though.

cookeaa

Yup it's a DX

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.25149

£150? the phrase "taking the piss!" springs to mind…

Waterproof? I wouldn't like to submerge mine and find out…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    elaineanne
    Free Member

i got email back today !!!! same day…. apparently its still 79.99 but for a helmet mount you have to pay abit extra to upgrade,,,…
    so is it as bright as a "Hope vision 2" or brighter…does anyone know ? before i decide which one to buy…

s8tannorm
    Free Member

Tis brighter than a vision 2 imo … I was out the other night and didn't need any other light, it was more than ample.

cookeaa

Like I said before it's a £50 Light from HK, there is an option to order it from deal extreme with a helmet mount too for ~$3 more…

I hate to say it but that Lumilite Website looks to have been thrown up by a Cowboy trying to shift the same stuff on with a £30 mark up…

Do a search for "Magicshine" "DX bike light" "Bastid Light" and read the various forum posts and reviews before you make up your mind, As good as a Vision 2? Well you’re comparing quite different products there really…
    There is no way the battery pack is water tight as it comes and I don’t reckon the Lamp would qualify as “IP65” the light itself ofers a good usable beam, I can do 90% of my riding on Low and only need the High beam for tight fast woodland singletrack, it’s the best light I’ve ever owned but then it’s also the most I’ve ever spent on one either, Never tried a Hope, exposure, Lupine or L&M in anger so can’t really compare for you….

Mounty_73

I think the Lumilite site is bloody awful, selling a product with a site like that………its just wrong IMO.

elaineanne
    Free Member

cookea : what light do you have then ? its not clear from your posts.

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

Deal extreme also sell the magicshine light with a UK charger now. ~$80/£50.

Luminous
    Free Member

I'd doubt the light is waterproof, if we're talking about the bastid light.

I may not have a true impression of the reliability of this light as I only seem to see the threads relating to a failure.

However, it does seem that reliability is a bit hit-n-miss.

I've seen issues highlighted related to the electronics inside the light, batteries failing, chargers failing and who can tell how they'll be standing up in a year or two, with regular use throughout the night riding season.

I realise that there are those on here who love the Bastid Light, but if your budget can stretch to it, then I'd buy from one of the more established brands.

Stuff like Hope and Lupine might only be able to match my light on quality, if they're lucky (and I've yet to be convinced), but they are made and priced to make a significant profit.

good luck in finding your light.

L.

cookeaa

elaine anne – Member
    cookea : what light do you have then ? its not clear from your posts.

I have the one I linked earlier: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.25149

it's the Bar mounted version, the helmet mounted version is pretty much identical expect it comes with an additional elasticated adapter that you can mount the light to your helmet/Noggin with see here: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.29489

The adapter:

Basically it's a good light, but not the world Greatest and I think the price reflects that, it's also worth noting that DX's shipping is not always the most prompt, however I'm not sure I'd pay an extra £30 just to have it delivered from the UK….

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘lumilite’ is closed to new replies.