• This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by Del.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • lumicycle hid replacement?
  • borwens
    Free Member

Anyone know where i could get a replacement hid lamp for my lumicycle lamp for less than the £80 from lumicycle??

Simon

One of these with a 20w Philips Masterline ES would be a more than a match for a HID. Burn time would be halved though.

matthewlhome
    Free Member

i spoke to lumicycle about HID lights a couple of weeks ago. Those welch-allyn bulbs are not made any more so if you find a good price – please let me know. For the £80 they are asking, i think it is as well to upgrade to the LED system

aracer
    Free Member

For the £80 they are asking, i think it is as well to upgrade to the LED system

This – for not much more than that you can get a whole new light which will be brighter than your HID and have a longer run time.

Del

the HID bulbs always were 70 or 80 quid, it’s just that now there are other options.
    the parts to convert that head unit to xpg will set you back about 50 or 60 quid, but you have to want to do it. given what the chinese are putting out these days, it’s a bit of a labour of love tbh. my xpg conversion puts out roughly the same brightness of light as the current xml ‘bastids’ but with a more useful spread.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘lumicycle hid replacement?’ is closed to new replies.