• This topic has 52 replies, 53 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by julzm.
Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Lucky to have a girlfriend to ride with.
  • lunge

My wife and I have quite a nice riding relationship (fnar…). I’m a cyclist, I ride my bike most days and the large majority of the time it is alone, I quite like this as I like time alone to clear my head. My wife is a runner and swimmer and so generally spends her time doing this, however, she is debating a go at triathlon so once a fortnight or so she will join me which is really good for both of as it pushes me on the climbs (she’s seriously fit, like sub 40 minute 10k fit so flies up them) and pushes her on the flats and descents.

It really does work well.

Mister-P
    Free Member

I have a bike instead of a girlfriend. My bike doesn’t get jealous when I ride a borrowed bike.

nickgti
    Free Member

although I’d like my Mrs to be into biking, I’m kinda glad she isn’t as her main hobby is Horse riding and I don’t think our back account could handle Horses and two sets of mountain bikes!

MoreCashThanDash

[Bernard Manning mode] I’d quite like a girlfriend for riding with. Leave the wife more time for cooking and cleaning [/Bernard Manning mode]

fionap

We both ride. He is quicker uphill and I’m quicker downhill – so when I get to the bottom first it’s apparently just because of “aerodynamics”.

Milkie
    Free Member

Is your girlfriend the camera person or the one being followed?

I’ll guess and say his girlfriend isn’t the one with hairy legs therefore she is the one with filming. 😆

mick_r

Always mtb’d together since 1991. When she raced elite I was the slower rider, and she’ll always be faster than me downhill.

Gone through 10 years of days out sat in forests swapping solo rides / babysitting / kids rides. Now just starting an interesting phase where both kids are quick and capable enough to all ride together (and only a few years until we are the slower ones I guess….).

vmgscot

I like having a biking GF… you get birthday/xmas pressies that you actually want and there is no arguing or compromise over holiday destinations (Colorado and Utah this year) 🙂

gazb74
    Free Member

Me and the Mrs love spend most weekends riding together,lake Garda for fortnight last summer,fortnight together this summer touring scotland and Wales, lots of awesome memories together, this is what life’s all about for me

chrismac

vmgscot – exactly. I have the same benefits. Holidays are easy, just agree which part of the Alps we want to goto in the summer and where else during the rest of the year.

jakeyo1
    Free Member

vmgscot – Member
    I like having a biking GF… you get birthday/xmas pressies that you actually want and there is no arguing or compromise over holiday destinations (Colorado and Utah this year)

You’re right with that. I got new grips for valentines day this year. Perfect.

GolfChick
    Free Member

I’ve just lost/losing my OH who rides a bike. I can’t decide if I want one to replace him or not. Some advantages like time together but then I wouldn’t want someone who feels like he can preach to me (unlike the current one). They also may wanna crash the whistler trip next year which is tough luck!

julzm
    Free Member

I ride with my OH all the time. We go all over the place and its a big part of our lives. Know some other couples that ride together as well. I love going out riding with him, we’re a good team, give good feedback no listen to each other. We also push each other on. I wouldn’t have it any other way, we just have an awesome time all the time.

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Lucky to have a girlfriend to ride with.’ is closed to new replies.