Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Lost packages in the post
  • london_lady
    Free Member

I posted my helmet (and cheque for replacement helmet) off for a crash replacement scheme on Jan 12th only to find out today that the recipient hasn’t received it yet. I sent it first class and it went as un-recorded delivery. Is it worth persuing the PO to try and find it or write it off as a bad loss?

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

That’s not long enough but assuming it never arrives you can get up to about £35 for lost 1st class mail, fill in a form and wait a few weeks/months

alexxx
    Free Member

its bollocks i spent about 7 hours to about 10 different people at the PO end for a refund on an item insured for £200 it took over a year and when it finally came the cheque had a spelling mistake and couldnt be cashed… i probably spent £200 on phone calls…

bastids

steveh

I’ve claimed a few times for lost things and not had many problems. The biggest issue now is that the counters have stopped issuing postage proofs when you send things automatically as you don’t need them. However try and make a claim and the first question is still where’s your proof of posting.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Have you had another crash, L? 🙁

london_lady
    Free Member

Elfin: Jeez – you make it sound like I have a crash a week!! Hit black ice on the road bike – not as bad as another club member who broke his nose and wrist. Don’t worry – the frame is fine 😉

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Well I hope aP is looking after you propply, like he should be.

X

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Lost packages in the post’ is closed to new replies.