Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Lordswood gpx
  • Are-we-there-yet
    Free Member

Now then. Anyone got any gpx files for good rides through Lordswood (Southampton). Usually get out every week for a night ride in the forest but as I work at the General Hospital I wouldn't mind the odd singletrack spin on the way home. Cheers

Bigface0_0
    Free Member

Lordswood isnt really that big, its just a case of finding your way.

DT78
    Free Member

Going there in the snow is a great way of finding the best tracks – just follow the wheel tracks 🙂 Just posted some pics of todays ride on the photo thread.

I could always take you out for a spin I know it reasonably well – I'm planning on meeting one other chap sunday morning 9.30am at the golf clubhouse. More the merrier.

scaredypants

You could come with me – I've got a fantastic sense of direction and never forget a trail. Also it'd be a pleasure to get away from the tossrag I usually have to ride with

… oh 😳

(not looking great for Thursday night Jon – soz matey)
    (might get a pass for the weekend though)

poppa
    Free Member

You could try getting in touch with the Southampton University MTB club. I found a map made from satellite data on their website once, it had trails and jump spots marked on, but they have since changed the permissions so that you have to be a member to see it. I guess this is to avoid angry dog walkers messing with the trails. I used to get some evil glares in Lordswood!

Are-we-there-yet
    Free Member

Cheers for that scaredypants. I think quite highly of you (I did anyway). No worries about tonite, I came on the mtb today so might just have a sneeky peek on the way home. Cheers Bigface, I know its small but haven't really got the time after work to explore so was wanting a lazy way out. Thanks for the invites this weekend but going to be struggling. Our lass is 29 again on Sunday and haven't sorted anything yet 😈

owenfackrell
    Free Member

Which department in the hospital do you work as im in estates. I also came in on the mtb to day and the quiet roads/tracks through hythe/marchwood and eling were fun.

Are-we-there-yet
    Free Member

Me and Scaredypants work in pharmacy. Often do night rides that take us through Hythe and Marchwood

owenfackrell
    Free Member

Which pharmacy? The main one or oncology?

clump
    Free Member

I work in Cross Sectional Imaging over in Neuro.

owenfackrell
    Free Member

So there is at least 4 of us from on here qt the general then.

clump
    Free Member

On line, at any one time probably- such is the ease of access here!

scaredypants

so clump – assume yours is either the planet x or the genesis then ?

(Owen – main(ish))

clump
    Free Member

Neither, whatever I am riding comes into the department with me and keeps nice and warm. The planet-x is a neurosurgeon 1st cat roadie's, and the genesis is an Italian neurosurgeon's. Normally come in on a langster- it was cheap.

owenfackrell
    Free Member

Does that mean that you work with the robot then?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Lordswood gpx’ is closed to new replies.