• This topic has 46 replies, 37 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Gunz.
Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Loosing friends because I'm smelly
  • bennyboy1
    Free Member

Do a normal wash but add some vinegar (the clear stuff not balsamic!), it's an old wives tale that works a treat. Don't quite know how it works but presume that as the vinegar is essentially acid it kills the bacterias and stops the smells. Worth trying as vinegar is v cheap!

molgrips
    Free Member

Dry them on the line in the sunshine..

Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

How much vinegar for a normal wash, might try that one, cup full, half a cup, capful?

Wiredchops
    Free Member

Lots of different suggestions but noted that no-one's suggested the 'oxi' approach.

Got some a while ago to remove a stain and noted that it also suggested use for ground in smell.

I got HG oxi stain miracle and a spoonful as a prewash has killed the smell on all my previously endemically smelly tops.

It breaks down organic compounds (grass blood etc.) which can cause stains but also seems to digest the smelly bacteria which cause your tops to stink.

It did this on 30 degrees!

Wow, I sound like an advert.

Buy it today! HG Oxi Stain Wonder

Nainosliw
    Free Member

Thanks all – weeks of stripping, washing and sniffing lie ahead!

Midnighthour
    Free Member

Ignore the lables and wash 'plastics' at 60 degrees, I have done that many times with no apparent damage to the fabrics. However, I am moving to natural fibres now as it just makes life easier and its better for the farming communities too – wool, cotton, bamboo etc

Gunz
    Free Member

+1 for the Bicarbonate of Soda soaking method. Cheap and it really works.

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Loosing friends because I'm smelly’ is closed to new replies.