Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Loose spokes, where to get them sorted, Brum.
  • passtherizla
    Free Member

after riding Cannck yesterday I noticed I have 2 very loose spokes on my back wheel (Mavic Cross ride)

this is the first time that I have noticed this happen to me ever.

Any recommendations for where to get it sorted?

not come across any decent local bike shops in brum, red kite can never fit me in, and I don’t know of many others.

Thanks,Andy

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Why not just tighten them? With a spoke key?

passtherizla
    Free Member

cos when it comes to wheels I’m an absolute goon… it’d end up banana shaped. but in all seriousness, just tightening them a little won’t deform my wheel or anything?

AlasdairMc

Nope, unless you tighten them too much which will pull the rim towards the side those spokes are on.

flip
    Free Member

Spoke key:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=10188

You can tighten them next time too..

Is the rim still pretty true or has it got a wobble ?
    Have a go anyway, as long as you don’t let the spoke key slip and round off the nipples, you can’t really make it any worse. Just make sure you use a good quality spoke key and select the right size.

djflexure

Scotts cycles on Stratford Road are brilliant

http://www.scotts-cycles.co.uk/

scaredypants

spin the wheel, check it’s not got loads of up & down play at the rim – that’s going to be bloody hard for you to fix. If it’s just side to side play, get going carefully with yr spoke key (don’t just do the 2 that are looose, check all – esp neighbouring ones)

passtherizla
    Free Member

its still pretty true (very slight wobble at one point in the rotation) and have tightened the offending spokes and seems ok. The wheel is at least still round.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Loose spokes, where to get them sorted, Brum.’ is closed to new replies.