Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 81 total)
  • Looks that bug you
  • SaxonRider

Are there people out there whose looks bug you?

Not that they are ugly, or that there is anything wrong with them as people; just that something about the way they look gets on your wick in a way that you can’t quite explain.

There was a young man in the Canadian town I lived in just before I moved to the UK, who looked similar to a friend of mine. But while I always found the appearance of my friend to be congenial, I couldn’t stand seeing this poor guy in town.

There are celebrities that bug me as well, though.

Anna Paquin (whom I just saw in Alias Grace)
    Glenn Close
    Michelle Williams

Glenn Close has always bugged me, but the other two are more recent entries.

Completely irrational and ridiculous, I know. And I am sure that my appearance bugs a few.

But what about you? Anyone irrationally bug you based on their appearance, but with whom there is actually nothing wrong?

DezB
    Free Member

Tom Hanks. Can’t stand his face, so don’t watch his films. His voice too annoys me especially when he does unnecessary accents (badly).

Bloke down the end of my office. Little ratty narrow whiney ballbag face. Not really irrational though, cos he’s an irritating twonk.

Usually people with odd mouths – that antiques bloke, talks with his bottom lip exposing his lower teeth all the time and his teeth are so manky. Can’t look at him. (I’ll get his name in a minute!)(Eric Knowles)

kayla1
    Free Member

Eric Knowles?

nickc

Micheal Fassbender, he really has got at least 2 peoples worth of teeth. Once you notice it’s impossible not to be fascinated and you soon lose the plot of any film he’s in.

DezB
    Free Member

Eric Knowles?

Good work! 😆

kayla1
    Free Member

OH watches Bargain Hunt… 🙄 😳

wallop

Micheal Fassbender,

He’s got a nice big willy though.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Mind like a Welsh railway, Wallop.

😉

nickc

Fassbender, “all teeth and willy” as the actress said to the Bish

orena45

brakes
    Free Member

Keira Knightley
    always looks like she’s trying to point at something with her chin

bruneep

MR Tumble is a dick out of character

hodgynd
    Free Member

Claire Balding
    Theresa May.
    Nicola Sturgeon.

Mark Lawrenson
    Jeremy Corbyn
    Mike Ashley

..self explanatory really..
    Oh and how could I forget two of the most irritating f**kwits on breakfast tv
    Naga Munchetty
    Piers Morgan

rene59
    Free Member

SaxonRider – Member Looks that bug you

You don’t half post some amount of shite! 😀

chip
    Free Member

Chuckle brothers
    George clooney

hols2
    Free Member

mikey74
    Free Member

well this is a pleasant thread…

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Stephen Fry

BobaFatt
    Free Member

MR Tumble is a dick out of character

My daughter was watching an episode where a girl with Downs Syndrome was taking orders in a cafe and the kitchen staff were all disabled. Mr Tumble (sorry, Justin) went to great lengths not to touch or eat anything.

Bit obvious, but I’ve always hated this boat race and anybody to do with the Nik Nak coloured twonk:

In fact his whole family can just get stuffed, they look like second rate bond villains or strippers pretending to be classy

leffeboy

🙂

Surprised no one beat me to it. Is perchy on a ban?

trademark
    Free Member

I’m sure he’s funny but I can’t watch anything containing Alan Carr.

Coyote
    Free Member

Piers Morgan
    Michael Gove
    David Cameron

SaxonRider

You don’t half post some amount of shite!

Yeah, ’cause I’m alone in doing that.

I work my arse off in real life, and have shedloads to think about. The fact that I can come on here and smile, and at the same time generate a not-very-serious discussion about one of my random thoughts, is a bit of a relief.

I’m sorry if you think it’s shite, but there are other threads to visit instead of mine. 😐

DezB
    Free Member

Can’t see any reason to bother replying to someone posting shite on a thread they think is shite.

trademark
    Free Member

Keep up the random “sh!te” SaxonRider, it’s these kinda threads that give the often hilarious replies.
    I’m sure many of us appreciate the laughs.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Every time I see binners I want to hit him. You should see the state of him.

edlong
    Free Member

well this is a pleasant thread…

+1

Mister-P
    Free Member

I’m sure he’s funny but I can’t watch anything containing Alan Carr.

I can assure you he’s not.

slowoldman

Well most of these responses seem be about “people I don’t like” rather than “looks I don’t like”.

The only looks I don’t like are where folks have decided to adorn themselves in various ways – botox, piercings, that sort of stuff.

jimjam
    Free Member

The only look I can’t stand.

….so hot right now.

chip
    Free Member

Duckface?

hodgynd
    Free Member

I guess there is an element of that slowoldman ..but primarily it’s their looks that irritate ..
    I’m sure they would probably say the same of me if they knew me ..

jonnyrobertson

I’d struggle to think of someone who bugs me purely on looks. I’m sure it’s happened but I’d struggle to name anybody,famous or otherwise. One you start taking personality or mannerisms into it, well that’s a whole different ball game.

As for this thread being “pleasant”, ok, it may have the potential to go a bit awry but it was Saxon Rider who started it and that would never be his intention. Probably one of the nicest, most genuine people on here. He does post some shite, mind but what the hell, the shite you post, Mr SR, keeps me and loads of others on here entertained.

shermer75
    Free Member

My favourite German word-
    backpfeifengesicht, meaning ‘a face that wants to be punched’

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

The mullet.
    Jeremy “Geography Teacher” Corbyn

DezB
    Free Member

backpfeifengesicht = Clarkson (not irrational)

AlasdairMc

The omnipresent trout pout is a look I detest, especially if it’s accompanied by a grown adult using Snapchat filters that make them wear a hat or something equally banal.

hooli

Any man/boy who wears skinny jeans!

giantalkali
    Free Member

Anyone who looks pro-Brexit

molgrips
    Free Member

If we’re going to broaden the definition of ‘look’ – I cannot stand shiny suits for men, but worse is shoes with long toes. Who the F thought that was a good design theme? FFS! It looks bloody ridiculous. And then the shops are now mostly full of said long shoes, which makes shopping a nightmare.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 81 total)

The topic ‘Looks that bug you’ is closed to new replies.