Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Looking for some broken toe advice.
  • elvisisnaedeid
    Free Member

Broke my toe last night by riding into a rock. Any ideas on the best way to treat it? It’s killing me like hamburgers killed my idol.

jackthedog
    Free Member

Go to the hospital.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Strap to adjacent, painkillers, RICE

lazybike
    Free Member

my dogs got a broken toe, vet said painkillers and rest…. 😉 … hth

elvisisnaedeid
    Free Member

That’s unfortunate. I don’t really do rest. I’ll see if I can walk a mile in my shoes.

elvisisnaedeid
    Free Member

RICE? What good is sticking my toe in a bowl oof rice going to do?

Flaperon

http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=broken+toe

Summary: if severe break (big toe, sticking out at angle, intense pain, blood trapped under toenail) you need a visit to A&E. Particularly in the last case, this can be the difference between keeping and losing the toenail.

Otherwise (from NHS.co.uk):

* Put a piece of cotton wool or gauze in between your injured toe and the one next to it and tape the two toes together with a plaster. The healthy toe will act as a splint.
    * Keep your foot raised for as long as possible, for example by resting it on cushions. This will help reduce the swelling and pain.
    * Hold an ice pack (try frozen peas wrapped in a tea towel) to the toe for 15-20 minutes every one to two hours for the first couple of days.
    * Rest the toe by not walking or standing for too long, and not putting weight on the toe.
    * Take over-the-counter painkillers such as ibuprofen to relieve the pain.
    * Wear sturdy shoes that do not squash or bend the toe.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Have you really broken it? Lots of people think they have wehn they haven’t, Mr MC thought he had strapped it up and accidentally stubbed it on stairs later that day, brought tears to his eyes but turns out it was just dislocated after that it was fine! Plus nowt you can do, strap it and rest.

elvisisnaedeid
    Free Member

Flaperon thanks for googling that for me. I get all shook up when i try to use that thing.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Looking for some broken toe advice.’ is closed to new replies.