Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Looking for riders to join in Derbyshire
  • char
    Free Member

I’ve recently got into mountain biking and I’m looking to see if there are any groups or individuals I could tag along to.

I ride mostly in the Black Rocks and Ambergate area but have also ventured out Edale way (where I nearly died).

I’m not the fastest lady but I’m not bad at crashing ;).

Hells

Keep an eye on this thread:
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/peaks-pootle-2017
    I’m Derbyshire based too, near Chesterfield. Would be happy to meet upif you want!

pinch_flat
    Free Member

Check out DVATC.Co.UK, we ride every Tuesday with rides in the amber valley area with riders of all abilities and fitness’

dvatcmark
    Free Member

If you fancy trying out the Dvatc club drop me an email (in profile) and I’ll send you some info over.

alanl
    Free Member

Mark, has there been any progress on the ‘social’ rides on a Sunday?
    I’m not fit enough to keep up on a typical Sunday, so this would suit me perfectly.
    What is the standard now for a typical Sunday – still all racing whippets, or real world speeds, ie.is there a get the breath back break at the top of hills 🙂 ?

Tuesdays are generally out for me, as the traffic is just too bad to get there at a reasonable time.
    Thanks
    Alan.

scottyb88
    Free Member

I actually live in ambergate and have never ridden locally so would be interested in finding out where the trails are? Always see a lot of decent dh bikes coming out of shining cliff but never really had a look round.

char
    Free Member

Thanks for the suggestions and offers. I will check those out!

Rockhopper
    Free Member

I might be interested in something gentle to get me back into things. I haven’t ridden for a couple of years now although I do a lot of walking (eight to ten miles every day). I work in Chesterfield but live in Pinxton (j28 M1). We used to go out every Thursday night after work and often every Sunday as well but as with everything work and life (and getting injured….) gets in the way.

mtbrog
    Free Member

We have a small but regular riding group in the area, varying abilities, we generally ride on Saturday with a cafe stop en-route. If you are interested please let me know and we can include you in our weekly communications.

flyingmonkeycorps

There’s a small group of us ride fairly regularly in the Peak, steady pace, wait at the top / bottom etc – basically like a Pootle but with far less people. Anyone’s welcome to join us as long as you’re not a git. And if you are we just won’t invite you again. Email in profile 🙂

the-muffin-man

I actually live in ambergate and have never ridden locally

WTAF! – Get in those woods man! 😀

I would offer to show you around as I’m also an Ambergate resident, but I’ll be honest I’ve lost the love for riding.

You don’t need a guide, just ride into the woods and see where the trail goes. If you know where Betty Kenny’s Tree is, that’s where some of the better stuff is and there are fewer walkers at that end too.

If you want to explore the wider area – get out with DVATC.

char
    Free Member

mtbrog – Thanks for the offer how can I find out when the rides will be?

tandemonium
    Free Member

NATSMTB (check out their Facebook page) ride regularly in the Peak most Sundays. There’s a mix of members young(ish) and not so young, we also have a few ladies that ride regularly with us. Rides normally 18-25 miles depending on time of year and terrain. White Peak (Bakewell, Chatsworth etc) Dark Peak (Ladybower, Hope, Edale etc) normally feature. We have a few members who live near and regularly ride ambergate area too. Also do trips further afield for weekends sometimes too. You’re welcome to come along for a ‘trial’ ride to see how you get on (with the riding & the other members 🙂 )

mtbrog
    Free Member

Char, drop me an email, details are in my profile.

thegnarlycenturion
    Free Member

Also based in the peaks – Sheffield side. Would be very happy to go for a ride, just drop an email.
    Otherwise good luck with the clubs – also trying some out at the moment!

scottyb88
    Free Member

Took a walk round there the other day (can’t ride busted shoulder) think I found the good stuff down the far end up the hill, got a couple of months yet before I can ride it tho

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Looking for riders to join in Derbyshire’ is closed to new replies.