Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Looking for buddies to ride with…
  • fdzjuba
    Free Member

Do you know of any clubs/groups I can tag along with for a ride on south downs trails (MTB). I am in Chichester and have crawled through the majority of the tracks on the south all alone – as much fun as it is, its getting a little boring to ride alone.

Googled local clubs, but can’t seem to find anything. If you know of any, would appriciate a link or a contact.

twiglet_monster
    Free Member

]Hey Fedor!

This is Rich from Tim’s ride on Sunday 🙂

Have a look Here

R (TM)

GlennG
    Free Member

I live in Chichester and ride local and further afield, there are regular wed eve rides at whiteways and sdw with geared bikes in chi, I normally go to north downs or stamner at weekends as well as whiteways, email in profile if you want to hook up, also member of south downs velo in Chichester which is a road club but also does mtb.

superfli
    Free Member

http://kingleyvalemountainbikers.ning.com/

Friendly bunch of various standards and fitness. Ride a lot in QE park and Kingley Vale.

jamiec360
    Free Member

In a similar position to you having just got back into biking and moved down to Horsham.

The guys in Quest in Worthing seem really good, just picked up my new bike from them last weekend. They “sponsor” or at least support and promote the sussex mtb and I think the Brighton mtb groups wwaswas linked above, why not pop into the shop and ask them?
    As soon as I start getting back from work at a more decent hour (and get fit enough not to embarrass myself) I’m going to try to join them as well.

wwaswas

Rayments in Brighton and Prestige Cycles in Hove are also organising weekly rides – see the BrightonMTB calendar for details.

Taff
    Free Member

I’m not a million miles away in Havant. You’re welcome to give me a shout if you fancy going for a ride. Still pretty green to the area though

timnwild

Bit far out, but you’re welcome to join us in Shoreham for the Sunday blast around Lancing Ring, Cissbury Ring and Chanctonbury Ring. lots of climbs, bit of jumpy swoopy singletrack, lots of moaning about hangovers etc.

Every SUnday at 8am on the wodden bridge opposite the Red Lion. timDOTwildATrazorfishDOTcom if you’re interested. Except not this weekend, cos we’re going to Brechfa 😉

belugabob
    Free Member

@jamiec360,

To follow on from the link posted by twigletmonster, there is a regular Wednesday evening ride round Tilgate park in Crawley.
    This forum thread contains directions, but check the main forum for specific ride notifications.

We’ve started to visit St Leonards forest a bit more too.

You’re welcome to join us whenever you like.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Looking for buddies to ride with…’ is closed to new replies.