• This topic has 20 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by OCB.
Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Long or short sleeve in summer?
  • andyl
    Free Member

What do you prefer – for singletrack and all day mixed rides.

Just looking for some new riding gear and was wondering about the short sleeved and long sleeved Endura Cairn tops – anyone got on and can comment how thick they are for summer?

yunki
    Free Member

real MTBers wear a string vest..

TheSwede
    Free Member

This is like phoning your mate before you go out on the razzle to ask what he’s wearing.

loddrik
    Free Member

I usually wear a jacket all year round except on the hottest days, still long sleeved though.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Only girls use the expression ‘out on the razzle’.

TheSwede
    Free Member

Elfinsafety – Member
    Only girls use the expression ‘out on the razzle’

Precisely.

BigJohn

Mid sleeve for me.

ziggy
    Free Member

Long sleeves in the summer? Really?

blaggers
    Free Member

I wear one long sleeve and one short, depending on which arm the sun is shining on…….

andyl
    Free Member

real MTBers wear a string vest..

That’s where I’m going wrong….Rab C Nesbitt look here I come. Need some Irn-Bru in my camelbak too.

Junkyard
    Free Member

short sleeve road long sleeve MTB . For some unknown reason I feel vulnerable in a short sleeved top when MTB as if it somehow offers protection.

Coleman
    Free Member

Ha! What’s up with all you you mtb’ers – must wear baggies, can’t wear short sleeves?
    Have you all got prosthetic limbs!!

andyl
    Free Member

Junkyard
    short sleeve road long sleeve MTB . For some unknown reason I feel vulnerable in a short sleeved top when MTB as if it somehow offers protection.

Exactly.

nicko74

Another for long sleeves here. I think it started from riding in the States – when you get sunburned arms and then get sweaty, it’s really quite unpleasant. Plus you can roll up the sleeves, and pull them down again if it gets cold or to offer marginal protection when going through tight bushes.

Shorts year round, mind.

phiiiiil

Never mind summer, I’ve worn short sleeves every day this week; it’s just about warm enough. Long sleeves when it’s warm enough to not need them?! Not likely. The wind on yer arms, and all that…

Going through overgrown bits I sometimes roll up long sleeves anyway, on the basis that my arms will heal when scratched but pulled and snapped threads on sleeves won’t!

Rorschach
    Free Member

Wifebeater-GUN SHOW 8)

Coyote
    Free Member

Rorschach +1

Wife Beater and Guns all the way.

MSP

Elfinsafety – Member

Only girls use the expression ‘out on the razzle’.

Girls jack off over cheap grot mags too?

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Usually a long sleeve hot weather base layer under a short sleeve jersey. 2 reasons really – lots of gorse bushes in the Purbecks means your arms get cut to bits, and also means i don’t have to plaster sun tan lotion everywhere.

_tom_
    Free Member

short sleeve. My arms are always a bit tanned so I don’t have to worry about sun lotion 🙂

I will wear forearm/elbow pads if riding anything downhilly though.

OCB
    Free Member

MSP – Member
    Girls jack off over cheap grot mags too?

Hell yeah!
    Getting them drunk on cheap bum-wine, or exploiting them with cheap emotional blackmail usually works for me … 😛

(Only joking of course … 🙄 )

Generally – I ride with my arms covered: I find it cooler and it’s safer (safer from the UV, and less worry about fading / ‘bluing’ my tattoo’s before their time).

If I go out nice and early, way before the heat of the sun starts to make your skin go tight, or if I’m deep in the woods, than it’ll probably be short-sleeves tho’. Useful things those thin, light-weight summer weight arm … err, ‘warmers’.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Long or short sleeve in summer?’ is closed to new replies.