Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Long Mynd on a bank holiday?
  • _tom_
    Free Member

Me and a mate are thinking of going to the Long Mynd for a ride on that jubilee bank holiday Tuesday. Is it usually bad for walkers though, especially if the weather’s good? I’ve only ever been on a weekday which was empty and on a weekend when I saw a couple of walkers but none on the good descents.

Oh and anyone have a good 20-25 ish mile route in gpx that incorporates Minton Batch and what I think is known as Small Batch to Little Stretton descent, plus any other good bits?

FOG

Oooh, sounds dodgy. Even on winter weekends there seem to be a lot of walkers around so a bank holiday should be packed. I go in the week and there are still a few about.

plushhill
    Free Member

So long as you avoid Carding Mill Valley you should be right. Avoid the obvious trails and you can have a day without seeing too many walkers or riders. If your on Garmin Connect we have a number of routes in the area or call in and we can knock something up. The Long Mynd is running faster than ever at the moment.

_tom_
    Free Member

Not bothered about seeing other riders its just slowing down for walkers that can ruin an awesome descent! Not sure about garmin connect as its my mates garmin we’ll be using, he usually just loads on gpx files that I find on the internet! Do you have an email address I could get in touch with if you have access to the gpx files?

Nick

It’s fine any day of the year, avoid coming down Cardingmill Valley (up would be ok, I’ve had walkers cheer me on going up, it’s better up anyway).

Just remember you could find a walker or a sheep on any trail at any time and that they have as much right to be there as you – more possibly, depending on where you go 😉

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Long Mynd on a bank holiday?’ is closed to new replies.