Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Long Mynd
  • stumpy_m4
    Free Member

hi..heading to the long mynd tomorrow , never been before but heard good things about minton batch , how will i know i`ve foung the top of the decent ?? .. is there a sign post maybe ??

cheers in advance

swiss
    Free Member

their is no sign post, but if i remember right it starts by the entrance to the gliding club (its been a couple of years). just look for a single track heading down on the same side of the road has the club. have a good look around, me and my mate found some better single track than minton batch when we went. get ya climbing legs on!

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

I went for the first time a couple of weeks ago and it's pretty easy to find:

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    beerbelly
    Free Member

Not sure that is the actual good minton batch decent though as far as i can remember there is no sign at the top it's near the glider club pole cottage decent is good very fast

Big-Pete
    Free Member

Townbrook descent is the one (cheeky mind :o)

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

Not sure that is the actual good minton batch decent

<Shrugs> I enjoyed it. It's here. Near the gliding club, marked 'Minton Batch' on the map.

But like I said, it was my first time there so I could be totally wrong.

RoterStern
    Free Member

There used to be a nice decent down into the Carding Mill Valley but now it has been dumbed down with steps and a wider road. 🙁

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

Click here for a decent route. (I've also got one of the routes Singletrack did as an .mmo if you fancied it.)

timothecimmerian

We went a couple of years back and did a 22 miles spin up there. The riding's great with some "interesting" climbs! I don't think that Minton Batch post was there then, but I understand there's been a bit of repair work done towards the top of the descent recently, so perhaps it was put in then?

We found it easy enough though, and thought it was great. You will enjoy, and we intend to be going back soon ourselves.

HeathenWoods, that looks like a killer route, you don't happen to have it in a tracklog or .gpx format do you? Let me know and I'll drop you my details – Cheers.

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

timothecimmerian: I've got that one and a couple more as .mmo so I should be able to convert them easily enough. Drop me a line and I'll send them this afternoon – just nipping out for a bit.

timothecimmerian

Cheers HeathenWoods. YGM.

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

Routes are on their way to you (and Frank). Have a good one 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Long Mynd’ is closed to new replies.

Members Notice New deal added to Members Discounts