Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Long Gravity Dropper?
  • GiantJaunt
    Free Member

I’d really like to get some kind of gravity dropper but they don’t seem to be long enough. I’m a bit of a lanky freak so have to have my seat up high for normal riding. Are there any that will drop by 15cm (6″) or preferably more? Ta.

STATO
    Free Member

gravity dropper do a 5″ travel one now, and there are some others but TBH i dont think you need anymore, or will be able to fit one. Ive got a 20″ and at 6ft4 i can only just fit a 4″ gravity dropper in, any more ‘drop’ and the saddle would be to high! (tho i admit GD posts are a little longer than others due to design)

snakebite
    Free Member

Black Mmamba!

http://www.rasebike.com/

GiantJaunt
    Free Member

Ok thanks. Maybe I could manage with 5″ but it would be nice to have the saddle a bit lower for downhill bits.

STATO
    Free Member

if you go for a gravity dropper “you would need to have 7 1/4 of exposed post in your up position to run a 4 inch drop post.” according to their webdite. I think the I900 and crank-bros are shorter in dropped position.

GiantJaunt
    Free Member

Ok ta. I have a fair bit more than that exposed in the up position and the tube will take just over 9″ of seat post. Do you think it’s big enough for a 5″ dropper?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Long Gravity Dropper?’ is closed to new replies.