Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 94 total)
  • Long Distance Relationships
  • emsz
    Free Member

Suck. They really f**king suck. I’ve been wandering arond in a little loved up bubble for the hour or so since the other half went back to Uni. But now I’m just depressed. I’ve had a lovely weekend I really have but from lunchtime there this unsaid tension between us when I know shes going to say she’s got to get going…and I get all moody. We’re strong I know, but still.

Sorry, v dull and whiny. I just had to say something.

coffeeking
    Free Member

MTFU.

I don’t get it, if there’s trust it’s not a problem. IF there’s not there’ll be moods and problems.

RealMan
    Free Member

It doesn’t sound like its about trust, rather then just not being able to see each other as much as they’d like.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    wombat

Stick with it mate, my wife and I did the long distance thing for a year a few (a lot) of years ago, it is difficult but stick with it, we did and it was worth it.

postierich
    Free Member

i will give it a month tops!

Stoner
    Free Member

coffee – I think it’s more a case of LTFU 😉

emsz
    Free Member

😳 oh shit I just reread that. Erm ok don’t write when you’re not concentrating.

F*** it. I don’t care I need to be more honest about it anyway. I just miss her

mtfu ive been doing it for 5 ys!

absence makes the heart grow stronger n all that!

it will work out!

bloodynora
    Free Member

I feel the music from ‘Love Story’ should accompany this thread…

emsz
    Free Member

What is mtfu anyway?

RealMan
    Free Member

I’ve got a few mates who are going long distance as they go to uni. Seem to be working out ok so far, lots of talking on msn/fb/skype etc helps, just staying in contact, and seeing each other whenever you can. Only got another 5 weeks till holidays..

MTFU is a variation on rule 5, from http://www.velominati.com/blog/the-rules/

wombat

The whole gender thing is irrelevent really, if it’s someone you genuinely care about that same feelings will happen regardless.

If you feel that way about her then stick with it, it will be worth it in the long run 🙂

Markie
    Free Member

mtfu = man the f*** up.

with anything internet that you don’t understand, urban dictionary is the answer.

And good luck.

MoreCashThanDash

Within 2 months of me meeting the now MrsSwadey, I moved 180 miles way for work – 18 months of long distance relationship.

Then she went one better and went 4,500 miles away to the edge of Siberia, and we didn’t see each other for a year.

15 years after we first met, still together, now married, two kids, mortgage, getting older……..sorry, what was my point again? 😛

Junkyard
    Free Member

send that to her not us I think she may care more than we do and she is more likely to give you a “special grown ups cuddle” – or at least a BJ- next times she see you.
    For what ts worth this feeling will dull over time and before you know it you willlive in the same house, see less of each other and dread the moments you are to together …then you have kids 😯
    HTH.

geetee1972
    Free Member

You see I went to uni, and so I have to keep very quiet on this thread.

Very quiet 😈

To be serious about this for a moment though. My now wife and I lived 250 miles apart for 8 months before we finally moved closer together. Friday afternoon in the office I’d be on cloud nine at the prospect of getting onto the M6 (not normally something to look forward to) but then Sunday at 7pm would be horrendous.

It’s a very good test of just how serious you are about the relationship.

Stoner
    Free Member

or at least a BJ- next times she see you.

snortle snffff.

slimtubing
    Free Member

I’ve been a recividist Long distancer, German, Tasmanian and New Zealanders. Stick it out, Mrstubing was my last one and we are happily married with 2 slimtublings.

emsz
    Free Member

Swady thanks *kisses* that’s made me feel loads better

emsz
    Free Member

Junkyard!! 😳

ianpinder
    Free Member

Hopefully my friends long distance relationship will fail, fingers crossed. I hope yours works out for the best.

slimtubing – Member
    I’ve been a recividist Long distancer, German, Tasmanian and New Zealanders. Stick it out, Mrstubing was my last one and we are happily married with 2 slimtublings.

Hahaha Slimtubing hits the nail on the head the key to long distance relationships is Mrstubing regularly!

Stoner
    Free Member

Im wondering whether any of the lads in here have a view on what “emsz” might be short for? 😉

RealMan
    Free Member

Oh good, I read it like that too NickyB, glad I’m not the only one.

Junkyard
    Free Member

what the rude bit or expressing your emotions to her 😉

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

you sound like a 13 year old FFS !

baldSpot
    Free Member

Don’t get moody dude. It’s tough enough already and it’s not her fault.
    I met my wife in Turkey 12 yrs ago. Now we have 2 kids and live in Stockholm.

Its not really long distance – At least you guys are in the same country!

Del

is she a first year?

RealMan
    Free Member

I met my Swedish wife in Turkey 12 hrs ago. Now we have 2 kids and live in Stockholm.

Wow, you don’t mess around.

emsz
    Free Member

Del Erm yeah why?

billyboy
    Free Member

Don’t worry.

My last two relationships were long distance and they didn’t last.

allthepies
    Free Member

Stoner – <nods understandingly>

geetee1972
    Free Member

is she a first year?

Ever heard the expression ‘**** a friendly fresher week?’

Del

hmm. wasn’t going to put it like that. thing is though, that she’ll be doing lots of exciting new things, meeting new people, and finding out about herself in a new environment, and, unless you’re at college too, you, err, won’t. it’s going to be very hard to stay in sync with each other, if you see what i mean, and will take a lot of effort on both sides.
    good luck though eh?

RealMan
    Free Member

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

Mrs MFL lived abroad for a year during university. We survived that, and have survived worse since. OK, she was only in Germany, but getting there was still a touch more complicated than getting on the west or east coast mainline.

HansRey

met my Finnish gf whilst working in Netherlands. We moved back to our own countries and we fly to each others whenever we can. Not ideal, but i wouldn’t want to lose her.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

*ooh, what’s that shiny thing spinning through the water… I want to eat it Chomp*

If she’s Swedish then your relationship stands almost no chance of surviving the first year.

philconsequence
    Free Member

my OH went off to uni about 3 weeks after we got together… 4 1/2 years later and we’re still very happy 🙂

it can be done if both of you feel its a lasting relationship with a future. if its not serious then chances are uni will expose that… either way distance will expose any weaknesses in the relationship and any aspects of your relationship that are worried about will be mulled over/obsessed over for longer before there’s a chance to talk properly about things…. that makes it much harder to deal with those weaknesses/concerns…

but if its right, then you’ll both work it out 🙂

good luck x

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Similar to Phil ^^^ – met my GF when she was 18 (I was 27). The next year she went to Uni some 200 miles from where I lived.

Had a couple of ups and downs along the way, but we stayed together, we are married and have two little girls now and have been together for 16 years.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 94 total)

The topic ‘Long Distance Relationships’ is closed to new replies.