• This topic has 62 replies, 35 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by piha.
Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)
  • London to Brighton -Offroad
  • piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Given the recent rain, the trails between Shere and the bomb holes in the woods before the fast descents down towards the downs link could be pretty crappy. Stay out of the puddles, some of them are bloody deep!

Done the ride the last 3 years, giving it a miss this year. Last year we extended it a bit to 95 years, which was a mistake with the massive hangover I had!

enfht
    Free Member

I’m split between NN and RR.

Proper excited now!

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

I’m going fast rolling tyre on the back and an advantage up front for a bit of grip. The Mrs is meeting us at a couple of points, so if it’s awful, I’ll swap tyres.

I think it’ll be alright though.

creedy
    Free Member

95 years! That is a long old ride!!
    🙂

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Oops!!!

Never been any good at multitasking!

enfht
    Free Member

grip. The Mrs is meeting us at a couple of points

tut tut

retrobri
    Free Member

Looking forward to this event. Not trained that much, but feeling fit & up for it!

RE Tyres
    I’ve been thinking NN/RR too. Probably settle on RR/RR though. or might even fit smart sams 😕

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’ve just posted on the other thread…

Mates are doing it, one who gains the most pledges (chariddee) will be doing it neked..
    Look out for rusty grey FSR’s and a shiny bottom.. 😆

gee
    Free Member

That was a really fun ride – was out very early checking the course was still there, which it pretty much was. Added a few arrows but not many. The bridge before Shere was really rather dark at around 8.30 this morning! Rode quite quickly – goal was 5hrs for the 75miles an managed it in 4.56 🙂

Was extremely dry given the rain this week – Ralphs all the way.

Hope everyone had a great day out,

GB

joolsburger
    Free Member

It was a good laugh just got back finished in 7. 30 which we were happy with, excellent organisation but that last climb is a real pain in the arse. Thanks for the markers gee made life nice and easy! Grand day out and raised several hundred pounds.

joolsburger
    Free Member

trevron73
    Free Member

Great event gonna do it next year as well as my rear wheel spat its guts
    and was terminal- thank you especially to Martin @BHF for organizing an air lift back to Brighton for me .Great event and well signed and a good laugh -no knobs pushin to get past xx

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

I left Kingston at 1pm and followed the route on my cx bike as far as winterfold.

1) you lot are litterbugs. I picked up loads of gel wrappers 🙁

2) I passed the last 4 riders in winterfold woods. They were a sorry state. I hope they make it.

hounslow
    Free Member

You lot were being a pain in the arse on Kingston bridge, it’s a 2 way cycle lane and i was trying to go to work. Might try it next year though.

tobymc

Yep, that was good. At times on the Downs Link it was like I was the last cyclist alive, and it was bloody boring too. The rest was great though – and I cleaned the final climb this time too. Chuffed!
    +1 scott, loads of gel wrappers. Poor form.

gee
    Free Member

So embarrassing about the gel wrappers. Things like that get events shut down.

brakes
    Free Member

I set off with the second tranche and despite going the wrong way twice, managed to clear most people after about 30 miles by putting a bit of effort in. dug deep on the Downs Link to make it interesting then nearly died on Beeding Hill at the end – what a horrible horrible climb.
    finished at 13:20 after just over six hours with a couple of stops for food and water.
    really chuffed with the time as I was putting out a higher heart rate than normal (150rpm, zone 4.1) for the whole time which I’ve never experienced before… and the fact that I raised over £1,200.

ride here – http://www.strava.com/activities/83911150

creedy
    Free Member

Don’t understand why people can’t put the gel wrappers in there packs or pockets. I have one pocket for empties and just clean it out!
    Enjoyed the event today. Cheers for the signs gee.
    Brakes I bet you went straight on at that descent instead of the sharp right 🙂 think you passed me on the road

brakes
    Free Member

I went into the grouds of Ham House before the river section, and then just missed a left turn in some suburb before going into the woods for the first time.

singletracksurfer

Top day out and amazing variety of riders. Real shame about the rubbish left behind though. It was mentioned at the start, but obviously marginal gains and all that 🙄 I will mention it to the BHF as sure they’ll want to get it cleared up more than anyone.

simonbea
    Free Member

Can guarantee some of them belonged to the dick in front of me in the lineup; announcing his 24 gels in his bag and talking over the briefing guy.

singletracksurfer

24gels!? Well you can glow in the knowledge that his guts will be mighty f$£”!$d up today 🙂

piha
    Free Member

What a great day out! All kinds of bikes and riders out, with lots of banter along the way. I decided to ride my Fatty and my legs were suffering towards the end but still managed to (just) clear the final climb. Well done to the BHF and all involved.

Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘London to Brighton -Offroad’ is closed to new replies.