Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Log burners/ Nordpeis
  • flip
    Free Member

We are having one, we like the Nordpeis Bergen but I’ve just read reviews and people say its difficult to light.

Anyone got one?

Can anyone recommend a 5 kW good quality stove that looks modern?

It’s a minefield 🙂

kcal

Morso. Badger. your opinion on modern may vary though. I think its about 5kW, maybe 4.5. Dead dead easy to light, goes like a train. lovely.

sc-xc

We just got a charnwood c4…again, this is modern enough for us but you may be a lot cooler.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Dovre do three sizes of their ‘Vintage’ stoves.

I’ve got the big white one on the tractor, its an awesome stove.

twinw4ll
    Free Member

If your looking for a 5kw max then the Bergen will be too powerful, it’s a large firebox and at full chat i’d say it would be closer to 8kw.
    I’ve fitted and used a lot of stoves and there are a few stand out models, the Contura 50 series stoves are in my opinion top notch, easy to light and very controllable. It is 5kw nominal so no need for a vent, 7kw maximum output.
    If your looking for 5kw max then the Contura i4 freestanding is a good alternative.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

In STW fashion of recommend-what-you-own, I say Dean Forge.

http://www.deanforge.co.uk/products/dean-stoves-1156/dean-stoves-junior-105-se/

We have one of the 8kw Croft multifuel models – it’s excellent. Easy to light, slumbers all day/night on solid fuel no problem, airwash system is very good. Getting a good secondary burn with timber is dead easy.

bedmaker

I’ve seen a few people go for Firebelly stoves because they’re modern looking. Don’t make that mistake! They’re not nice.

A stove which is hard to light is more likely to be due to chimney issues, rather than the stove itself.

A local shop has had a Termatech burning since last Autumn. It burns nicer than my considerable more expensive Morso S10, and appears just as nicely built.

There’s loadsof nice stoves out there though.

slackalice
    Free Member

+1 for Contura.

Fitted loads over the years, very stylish, contemporary, well built and excellent burn characteristics.

flip
    Free Member

We’re having a Bergen, guy just been round and measured up, I underestimated what we need.

Thanks for replies 🙂

Trekster

Just wish you guys would have some consideration for those of us asthma sufferers 😈
    I am having to wear a face mask on my commute or road ride due to the current “fashion” of reinstating old fashioned fires. Air quality in what used to be smokeless zones is now abysmal 🙄

kcal

ouch. apologies. though our stove usually runs hot enough that can’t imagine there’s much nasty stuff getting emitted usually – except at lighting and when its running down, admittedly..

redstripe
    Free Member

Burley stoves came recommended to me and very impressed with ours, dead easy to light and more efficient than most:
    http://www.burley.co.uk/wood_burnerdetail.php?cid=4&wid=47

twinw4ll
    Free Member

Some people shouldn’t be allowed to have stoves, idiots burning house coal, petrolium coke, wet wood, painted and treated wood, chipboard, household waste and piling the stove up before going to bed and slumbering the fuel.
    The particulates from stoves are going to become a big problem if stove sales continue to increase.
    Fitted a stove for a couple, did the long speech about using dry/low moisture fuel, gave them a detailed demo, got a call a few days later telling me the stove was rubbish and they werent happy, went round to investigate and the bloke was cutting trees down in the garden and putting the logs straight on to the fire.

cb

I got put off the Bergen for the exact reasons you state. NIce looking stove though. I went for the Morso S10-40 and very happy with it.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Just wish you guys would have some consideration for those of us asthma sufferers

We do. We burn (expensive) smokeless coals and dry wood.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Log burners/ Nordpeis’ is closed to new replies.