Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Lock on Grips for BIG hands
  • jambon
    Free Member

Can’t seem to find any fat lock-on grips for ape-like big spade hands. Anything out there?

GW
    Free Member

how big? (what’s your glove size?)

grizzer
    Free Member

Ourys’s are pretty chunky and nice and sticky too

jambon
    Free Member

Well big enough for most folk to comment on them. Kinda XXL.

BoardinBob

I’ve got big hands and I always struggle to find grips. Small ones make my hands ache but I bought these in the summer and they’ve been perfect

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=30939

easygirl

Superstar do some big grips, they are cheap and last well

tomaso
    Free Member

These
    [/url]
    and these

Had the Rocca but not the Enduro and they were comfy enough for my XXL hands :mrgreen:

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

I have some brown and gold superstar excels, never used. Will sell for cheaper than you can buy off there for if you are interested:

http://superstar.tibolts.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=60&products_id=436

doh
    Free Member

the specialized contour(funny shaped) ones helped my sore hands a lot more than the other big grips i tried.

clubber
    Free Member

I’ve just recently got a cheap set of ergons which have instantly sorted out the outside of hand numbness problem that I’ve had for years. I’ve tried a multitude of ‘big’ grips none of which had the same effect.

takisawa2

Lizard Skins North Shore.

jonba
    Free Member

superstarcomponents big grips or I think sunnline do some bigger ones too.

jedi

i got big hands but now use ruffian grips instead of rouges as they make it easier for me to rotate the grips when styling it 🙂

Gribs

Big hands and Odi Yeti lock-ons here.

GW
    Free Member

jedi – Member
    i got big hands but now use ruffian grips instead of rouges as they make it easier for me to rotate the grips when styling it

QTF!
    I have normal sized hands size L (10) in gloves and even ruffians are too fat for my liking. one of the many reasons I rarely wear gloves anymore.

XXL doesn’t sound massive to me and at that size I still reckon nie thin grips would work best (assuming you’ve set-up your bars, levers and fork properly).

z1ppy

Personnally I’m in the process of replacing my yeti lock-on for Rogue’s. I don’t have huge (XLL) hands but do find stuff like ruffian’s far too thin & annoying. I was skeptical but as Old_mtber gave a set, so didn’t have to worry about buying them, took a few rides to get my hands used to them but I’m not changing back.

Worth mentioning, the set of Rogue’s I aquired were from MrTall, who has larger hands than me (his username is very apt), he’s using Sunline grips.

Kato

I got big hands and use Rogues on all my bikes

rwc03
    Free Member

+1 for ODI Rogues, great grips

Militant_biker

+1 for Lock On Ourys, using them as I couldn’t find Rogues or Yetis

alexpalacefan

you know what they say about men with big hands?

Big grips!

I’ll get my coat 😉

APF

_tom_
    Free Member

Conversely I have small hands and use Rogues which feel about right, so ymmv 🙂

vancoughcough
    Free Member

Sunline half waffle THICK.. I bought four pairs to have two sets spare for my 2 bikes… great for bigger hands (I am only an XL glove size though which isn’t that huge)… they last ages and they are super soft but firm enough to give good handling..

There is a thin and thick version.

gee
    Free Member

ODI Rogue. I have XXL gloves.

GB

Big-Pete
    Free Member

Lizard Skin North Shore

peterob
    m00s3y
    Free Member

Got hands like shovels.. swear by my Oury’s.. super comfy!

honourablegeorge

Sunline thick grips – I have a set, they’re ridiculous. (I don’t like them, they’re too thick)

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Lock on Grips for BIG hands’ is closed to new replies.