Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • llandegla from the horseshoe pass
  • NedFlanders
    Free Member

Has anyone ridden over to llandgla from the Ponderosa Cafe on the Horseshoe pass and is it worth it, is it all fire trails ?

Daisy_Duke
    Free Member

it’s not that far to ride from Ponderosa to the trails. Bit of a slog up rough service road, then wet and muddy descent past Watkins tower and down onto the fire road which heads straight onto red route. Can take a diversion at the first mast right, which takes you down to Worlds end. At road turn left and head back over the duck boards on Offa’s Dyke back into Llandegla. Easy enough…

timc
    Free Member

Many have done it & would do mast decent / offas while at it, probably best saved for better weather though, not something most do in winter.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    NedFlanders
    Free Member

cheers guys I was thinking of doing it saturday but may re think my plan

project
    Free Member

From the ponderosa car park look for a road going down hill towards worlds end, follow road then turn left up along draggy hill over the ford, continue until you see an offas dyke path sign on the left, then follow this route to llandegla, lots of railway sleepers, to ride on.
    LLandegla in front of you or when you get to the gate turn right up hill to the masts, then down the concrete road, beware of landrovers and ramblerists as they use the road as well.

schnor
    Free Member

Yeah, its very wet ATM from the masts down onto the worlds end road, I’d do what project said. Or start / finish in llangollen? It’s mostly along (quiet) roads, but adds around two fairly nice hours.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘llandegla from the horseshoe pass’ is closed to new replies.