Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Llandegla
  • Rosss
    Free Member

My new bike will be finished this weekend and want to test it out up llandegla after hearing what people have been saying about it. Just wondered whats it like at the moment and what runs do people do ? If you head down the black do you miss anything better on the red etc ?

philfive
    Free Member

The black is the best make sure you do parallel universe then go around again and so the blue

Mugboo

Its all a bit snoozeville

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    anto164
    Free Member

it’s all smooth tbh, like riding a bridleway all the way around tbh.

I don’t really understand the grading at Llandegla. None of it should be black, apart from the freeride section with 3ft drops with no chicken runs.

it’s all easy tbh, nothing really that challenging, apart from the challenge of staying in the big ring for the first climb.

grumm
    Free Member

it’s all easy tbh, nothing really that challenging, apart from the challenge of staying in the big ring for the first climb.

Standard STW cliche view on Llandegla

So here’s a cliche back at ya. If it’s too easy try going faster.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

it’s all smooth tbh, like riding a bridleway all the way around tbh.

Not seen many bridleways like that before! Normally find them rough and rock/root strewn
    Good fun trail really (Unless you try to hate it) was there on Friday it’s still a bit rough (more in a frustrating than interesting way) before the red/black split the gets FUN!! Take the black split with the rock. The section with the repeatable jumps is closed for harvesting at the min so a little bit shorter.

emma82
    Free Member

I enjoyed it an so it other half an he likes adrenaline more than me, as said above just go faster, the route we did was pretty short as bits were shut off (was primarily red but we did some of the black too??!) was good fun and easy enough to head off round again. I liked the skilz area too but I have a lot to learn.

steve_b77
    Free Member

It’s a pretty good place for getting used to your new bike and fettling suspension settings as you can loop round and do the black runs again and again.

There’s always haters on here when you mention the “L” word, personally I rather like the place, granted it’s not as good as the Marin but it’s closer, has way better facilities and you can spend all day there doing a mixture of routes.

My fave at the moment is doing the initial climb, onto new blue, out through a cheeky climb onto initial climb again, do newish short red section, parallel universe twice, finish off and a play on the free-ride area for a few laps. Nice way to spend a few hours with a cracking feed afterwards 😀

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

The BBQ is great in the summer if that helps?

16stonepig
    Free Member

I enjoyed the black, but it has to be absolutely hammered to get much grin out of it. Keep putting the pedal strokes in whenever you can.

Although, saying that, I did ride it the day after I did Rangers down from Snowdon, and felt absolutely bulletproof.

theshrew
    Free Member

I went on Sunday never been to a trails centre before so can’t compare it.

I’m a noob never been that far on a bike before Im unfit etc. I did the black and loved it apart from the going up hill bits lol I defo need to get my legs used to it but you gotta start somewhere.

The only thing we did wrong was to miss out a section of the black. God knows how we must of missed the sign or something. I thought the black stuff would be harder but I didn’t see anything I wasn’t happy about doing

BermBandit
    Free Member

Standard STW cliche view on Llandegla

So here’s a cliche back at ya. If it’s too easy try going faster.

Not often I agree with grumm, but apart from adding the occasional expletive pretty much spot on response IMHO. It is not intended to be a downhill world cup run, and if you were expecting that you may wish to reexamine the literature for the place. Personally, I find it a good fun place to be, well run and with plenty to recommned it. I’m sure the owners will be mortified to hear Mugbo and anto164 won’t be gracing the place with their presence. However, in the unlikely even that they are worried by that perhaps they should stroll through the car parks any weekend, (presuming of course they can find the space to do that, being as it is rammed to the gunwales with namby pamby losers such as myself and grumm who clearly don’t have the wit to recognise a crap venue when we see one.)

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Plus, Berm Bandit, those giant berms halfway down the black run are great fun!

It is what it is, can be ridden in all weather, has a nice cafe and the skills bit with the jumps is dead good fun.

A nice way to spend a day.

Mugboo

Different strokes for different folks Bermbandit. It would be sad if we all enjoyed the same thing and even sadder if we weren’t allowed an opinion.

Llandegla’s car park says it all. Plenty of people love it.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Llandegla’ is closed to new replies.