Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Liverpool bar advice.
  • donsimon
    Free Member

A couple of weeks ago I asked about tickets for a Liverpool match for A spanish friend. He's now got tickets and thanks for the help. This guy is a huge Atlético de Madrid fan and is going to see El Niño, lord knows why?? 😉

Anyway, he's just informed me that he would like to watch the Atleti v R. Madrid game and is looking for somewhere (safe- no Real fans!!)to watch it on the Sunday. It's a long time since I've been to Liverpool, and apart from drinking in a few wine bars, a fair bit of drinking was done in some pub on Bold Street where you sat on beer crates!

Any suggestions on where he could go in the city centre? Albert Dock? Anything sensible please?

timc
    Free Member

http://www.cafesportsengland.com

Jamies Carraghers gaff, book a booth (with TV)

nice food & good value for money! Stanley Street is the better option!

toby1

is looking for somewhere (safe

Liverpool

Hahhhhhaaaaaaaa!!!!!! Good one – I like it!

donsimon
    Free Member

Jamies Carraghers gaff, book a booth (with TV)

nice food & good value for money! Stanley Street is the better option!

That could be perfect. Thanks.

timc
    Free Member

Hahhhhhaaaaaaaa!!!!!! Good one – I like it!

funny

timc
    Free Member

That could be perfect. Thanks.

Yer its great, book ahead to be safe though!

voodoo_chile

nice mexican in queens square called "the tavern"
    stay away from Concert square full of youngsters
    Don't take any advice from anyone called TOBY !!!nice name

project
    Free Member

Avoid concert square at all costs, Victoria street and Stanley st are a nice lot to watch football with ive been told.

stonemonkey
    Free Member

Would echo the concert square views , however this also brings the atmosphere! There are plenty of bars in the Albert Dock and if your mates got a few bob I would recommend Panoramic bar to watch the match and enjoy the view.

project
    Free Member

THE full catalogue of violence at a Liverpool nightclub can be revealed today as police bid to close it down.

The shocking list details bottlings, brawls, underage drinking and hyped-up bouncers chasing after aggressive customers at The Office.

Police are bidding to halt the wave of disorder at the [/b]Concert Square bar, which is blighting one of the city’s busiest nightspots.

The force’s lawyer, seeking to revoke the club’s licence, slammed the venue, saying: “It seems to us The Office is rotten to the core.”

He castigated bouncers, shown on CCTV clips furiously chasing down Bold Street after bare-chested drinkers, raining blows on them.

Martin Forshaw, representing Merseyside Police, told Liverpool’s licensing committee: “They are not sheriffs of the street.”

Police also laid the blame on the clientele frequenting The Office, describing them as “the lower end of the market”.

Today, the ECHO can detail the type of violent brawling which put the nightspot under the spotlight.

Up to 40 separate incidents were referred to by police, including:

Nine allegations of common assault, three of unlawful and malicious wounding, and one of grievous bodily harm;

Offences involving children or underage drinkers;

A 14-year-old boy being ejected for fighting;

A woman being bottled in the toilets by an attendant;

Huge brawls outside the front door, some between bouncers and drinkers, spilling out of Concert Square;

Indiscriminate fighting on packed streets, with women trying to separate boyfriends.

Numerous CCTV clips were played to the committee showing revellers rocking back and forth on their feet, hands raised, like boxers.

In once incident, two shaven-headed men spent up to 10 minutes goading doorstaff who were shielding other clubbers, while sporadic violence broke out.

Another clip showed an Irish man, visiting Liverpool for the first time, laid out on the dancefloor after a punch and suffering a fractured cheekbone.

1 2 next

donsimon
    Free Member

Niiiiiiiiiiice.

voodoo_chile

try up hardman street and hope street some nice pubs the pilgrim,the phil and the crack

snowslave

It's been a long time since I've been out in Liverpool, but it's got some fantastic old boozers that were tarted up by the peeps that did the liners in their spare time in ye olden days – thinking of places like the Big House or the Phil – do any of these show the footie per chance?

voodoo_chile

try the lisbon always have the game on there !

TenMen
    Free Member

+1 for The Lisbon. An extremely friendly clientele.

donsimon
    Free Member

Cheers, looks like there is plenty of choice. I emailed Cafe Sport England yesterday and am waiting for a reply, but good see there are lots of alternatives.

Thanks peeps.

Whyte1
    Free Member

the only bar you need is a metal one

timc
    Free Member

THE full catalogue of violence at a Liverpool nightclub can be revealed today as police bid to close it down.

The shocking list details bottlings, brawls, underage drinking and hyped-up bouncers chasing after aggressive customers at The Office.

Police are bidding to halt the wave of disorder at the [/b]Concert Square bar, which is blighting one of the city’s busiest nightspots.

The force’s lawyer, seeking to revoke the club’s licence, slammed the venue, saying: “It seems to us The Office is rotten to the core.”

He castigated bouncers, shown on CCTV clips furiously chasing down Bold Street after bare-chested drinkers, raining blows on them.

Martin Forshaw, representing Merseyside Police, told Liverpool’s licensing committee: “They are not sheriffs of the street.”

Police also laid the blame on the clientele frequenting The Office, describing them as “the lower end of the market”.

Today, the ECHO can detail the type of violent brawling which put the nightspot under the spotlight.

Up to 40 separate incidents were referred to by police, including:

Nine allegations of common assault, three of unlawful and malicious wounding, and one of grievous bodily harm;

Offences involving children or underage drinkers;

A 14-year-old boy being ejected for fighting;

A woman being bottled in the toilets by an attendant;

Huge brawls outside the front door, some between bouncers and drinkers, spilling out of Concert Square;

Indiscriminate fighting on packed streets, with women trying to separate boyfriends.

Numerous CCTV clips were played to the committee showing revellers rocking back and forth on their feet, hands raised, like boxers.

In once incident, two shaven-headed men spent up to 10 minutes goading doorstaff who were shielding other clubbers, while sporadic violence broke out.

Another clip showed an Irish man, visiting Liverpool for the first time, laid out on the dancefloor after a punch and suffering a fractured cheekbone.

1 2 next

Ahh cube… you would be foolish to think that Liverpool is the only place with this sort of problem, every city / town has this problem.

Anyway that's old news!

People are right, swerve concert square.

Hope street is a good shout!

Victoria street is next to stanley street (Carraghers).

Another great place to eat (Not watch the footy) is the 'Bar & Grill' on Castle street. Where I take clients from work occasionally! Same end of town as Stanley & Victoria streets

Its a Sunday you say, so town will be relatively quiet anyway!

donsimon
    Free Member

I have just had a couple of mails from my friend who wanted to see Liverpool and Torres in Anfield, so over to Luis:

I would like to say thanks for the people of STW, for the information that they have given me, they have helped me a lot, even I went to see Liverpool FC, I love Atleti and I never lost any match.

Something about the restaurant which was suggested by timc, thanks.

Cafe Sports England is a very nice place, is located very central and easy to go. It is very big, and full of photos of Liverpool FC. It has many tables and many screens where you can watch the games that you want. The waiters are very friendly, the food is very well and isn´t expensive.

When we arrived we had a table with TV for us. I recommend all the people who want to watch a football match.

The problem is that Atleti didn´t win, jajaja.

If you love Liverpool FC, this is your pub.

And a bit about his weekend in general.

Hi Simon, how are you?

I'm fine, I loved Anfield, Liverpool won and Torres got two goals, it was fantastic!!

The city is very beautifull, and the people live for football, is fantastic!!

I was at The Cavern, drinking a beer an listening live music.

They speak very bad, but I speak a lot, and haven´t had a problems.

Tomorrow Atleti will play against Liverpool, jajaja, but Atleti will win!!!

Un abrazo!

Thanks for your help guys.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Liverpool bar advice.’ is closed to new replies.