Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • live tracklogging?
  • lovewookie

I've seen a few of these apps out there, some very old though. I'm after something I can regularly display my location at set time intervals on t'internet when I'm out on a solo ride. My wife is getting concerned that I'll injur myself and she'll not know where I am.

I've a Nokia 5800 that I use sportstracker and endomondo on (not at the same time). Would like to keep on using these if possible, so the other app would have to not interfere.

Anything out there?

Bez

Instamapper will do it, I think Google Maps will too.

nickjb
    Free Member

Viewranger does it really well. My partner and I use it, gives updates every minute. I've played with the google maps one a bit but I wasn't that impressed, might be better now. Sports tracker should do it with the new thingy they've just rolled out but I've not tried it. Any app should work without interfering on a Symbian Nokia.

lovewookie

is thesportstracker thing live yet? there was a lot of promise, but last time I looked it was still to be sorted.

lovewookie

yep, just looked and it's live..

Bez

Viewranger is awesome if you want more functionality than the free apps provide.

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Doesn't Endomondo let you log in and see live updates? Heck, she can even send you encouraging comments with the Peptalk thing? (OK, the peptalk message is almost unintelligible but still, nice idea).

NZCol

I've got a SPOT tracker that has that feature, i have it for SAR reasons but its a personal tracker. Costs about 115us a year to subscribe but means anywhere with GPS 'view' i can report in Ok and position etc which is handy sometimes for us. The tracking feature posts a location every 10 minutes that you can see – we use for adventure races commonly.

simonk
    Free Member

Motion X can be set up to post updates every 15, 30 or 60 mins to facebook twitter or via email.

brant
    Free Member
    lovewookie

@tracker1972, can't find that on endomondo, any ideas?

@Simonk, that only for iphone? I need a nokia app.

Brant, looks basic bit may well give it a go.

cheers

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘live tracklogging?’ is closed to new replies.