Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)
  • Little things you do to amuse yourself…
  • canibearaindogtoo
    Free Member

…which others may find strange.

The old adage about never trust a guy who doesn’t try on a tea cosy when alone in the kitchen may ring true for some, but what’s yours?

I love chatting away to the tv or radio while i’m mooching around the house…

tv: … and that’s all from the news. Good night.
    me: Cheers Trevor, same to you. Have you put the cat out?

and so on.

Anyone else?

crikey
    Free Member

I never use the shopping divider things on supermarket conveyor belts. It’s highly amusing to watch people who simply cannot stop themselves from placing them, even if I’ve only got one item.

hels
    Free Member

We were talking about this at work today.

I like to ask waitresses to explain what all the pretentious ingredients are on a menu, and always make a point of asking Techie bods what their 3 letter acronyms mean.

Amuses me, but probably a bit pompous.

Flash
    Free Member

I like changing a persons password if they have annoyed me by asking what a three letter acronym means.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I used to stir bodily secretions into the raspberry coulis of anyone who asked me what it was…for the hell of it.

EDIT: Flash, 😉

coffeeking
    Free Member

Amuses me, but probably a bit pompous.

Not really pompous. But I cant think of the word that describes it better 😀

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

qwerty
    Free Member

stw

kevj
    Free Member

I like to ask waitresses to explain what all the pretentious ingredients are on a menu, and always make a point of asking Techie bods what their 3 letter acronyms mean.

That reminds me of a place I worked at a few years back. We used to fo to a posh Italian restaurant on the last Friday of the month down on the quayside.
    A mate of mine and I used to play ‘black pepper chicken’ basically, when the waitress brings over your meal and asks if you would like black pepper, you agree and as she sprinkles it on with the big pepper mill, you sit back, smile and count away the seconds in your head. When she asks if that is ok, you say no and away she goes again. Your mate does the same and see who chickens out the quickest.

weirdnumber
    Free Member

Few restaurant related ones in this thread… I always order a drink when I am seated but ask for it to be brought with with my food. Most waiters forget, those that don’t get a larger tip.

aracer
    Free Member

I’m smug and insufferable on forums

Cougar

I like changing a persons password if they have annoyed me by asking what a three letter acronym means.

If I have to do a password reset because someone can’t remember theirs, I generally set it to “amnesia”.

I think the OP was looking for things that make you different from everyone else here.

kevj
    Free Member

How many user names do you go by?

kimbers

going on the torygraph talkbacks and saying the magic words

‘europe’

‘islam’

‘blair’

molgrips
    Free Member

I start stupid threads on here. See below.

aracer
    Free Member

I start stupid threads on here.

That would appear to suffer from the same issue mine does.

brakes
    Free Member

Little things you do to amuse yourself…

your ma

canibearaindogtoo
    Free Member

Up late for a school night, aren’t you? Too much coca cola or wet the bed?

brakes
    Free Member

what’s a rain dog?

samuri
    Free Member

The only pathetic thing I can think of is….

Proporting to possess a particular point of view or perspective on internet forums to elicit a response. This works really well on people with no sense of humour, a dirty great chip on their shoulder or a status typically known as ‘taking oneself too seriously’.

stw is what’s known in the trolling trade as ‘low hanging fruit’ because of the amount of people who fall into that last category.
    It’s a funny old game.

canibearaindogtoo
    Free Member

Samuri
    The only pathetic thing I can think of is….

Proporting to possess a particular point of view or perspective on internet forums to elicit a response. This works really well on people with no sense of humour, a dirty great chip on their shoulder or a status typically known as ‘taking oneself too seriously‘.

stw is what’s known in the trolling trade as ‘low hanging fruit’ because of the amount of people who fall into that last category.
    It’s a funny old game.

Wow. Now that’s either subtly brilliant humour or, or I’m not sure what,,,

You could also have replied ‘I like changing the thread title question to have a dig at folks’. The word was little, not pathetic. Meant to be light hearted, like. Thanks to the other folks for their replies, though.

Morning Brakes:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVaEPx_VyXs[/video]

GlitterGary
    Free Member

I go and eat swans with the Queen. One is not amused.

binners

My oath of grumpiness dictates that I must try my utmost to do nothing through the course of a day that either I, or anyone else find even remotely amusing. Under any circumstances.

‘Strange’ on the other hand….. where would you like me to start?

roper
    Free Member

I do have a hobby of implanting songs or tunes in people’s heads. Subtly whistling or humming them as I walk past and nip back later to hear them singing them. The trick is to choose inappropriate or embarrassing songs.
    Occasionally it spreads to and I can sit back in wonderment of my own stupidity.

I do have a terrible habit of hiding from my wife and then scaring the shite out of her. The worse time she pulled her back and couldn’t get out of bed for two days 😳

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I talk rubbish on here, almost endlessly.

Oh, and manipulate people.

DezB
    Free Member

When passing the 300m marker before a motorway junction, I amuse myself by closing the gap between my car and the one in front to stop people who have “forgotten” to get in the correct lane from cutting in.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Oh oh oh, I’ve got one.

I like to do a few taps of the brake pedal with my left foot if I feel I’m being tailgated. 🙂

canibearaindogtoo
    Free Member

Now roper, that’s what I’m talking about!! You may just have given me a new hobby! The song bit, I’m too scared of the wife…

Binners: One man’s strange is another man’s knee trembler. Test the water…

samuri
    Free Member

The word was little, not pathetic. Meant to be light hearted, like.

It’s pathetic that I do it. HTH.

plodtv
    Free Member

Oh oh oh, I’ve got one.

I like to do a few taps of the brake pedal with my left foot if I feel I’m being tailgated.

I do something similar but I just take foot off accelerator, so there are no break lights.

16stonepig
    Free Member

When someone tells you a tale of woe or misfortune (can be anything, the content isn’t important) say “Don’t say I didn’t warn you”

Then when they say “But you DIDN’T warn me!” you can get all outraged and blurt “What did I just say?”

derekrides
    Free Member

aracer – Member

I compile lists of people on forums.. Funnily enough you’re on it, but for some reason you are number 2 on the section marked cool people so you must have done something during my brief period here that wasn’t insufferable..

Unfortunatey I also have the early onset of altzheimers so totally forget why now..

derekrides
    Free Member

plodtv – Member
    Oh oh oh, I’ve got one.
    I like to do a few taps of the brake pedal with my left foot if I feel I’m being tailgated.

I do something similar but I just take foot off accelerator, so there are no break lights.

Hah I do that as well, but find using the hand brake adds to the expanse of bonnet that suddenly appears as the offending nose dips in the rear view mirror.. 😆

bikebouy
    Free Member

As I’ve been growing my hair of late I’m rather getting into twisting my hair through my fingers, “flicking this way and that”… So annoys MrsBouy “giggles”, but I find it mildly satisfying. Someone said recently that I look like a blond version of Fabulous Candelabra ..
    “Smug factor 10”

Shibboleth
    Free Member

I put HUUUUGE great big tyres on a mountain bike, making it completely useless as a mountain bike, and then I ride across mudflats, beaches and marshes, stopping to take pics of my HUUUUUUUUUUUGE tyre tracks so I can post them on internet forums and shout “Cooheeeeee! Am I nichest yet??”

I know! It’s crazy, isn’t it! 😀

bagpuss72
    Free Member

I hide just one of each of Binners bike gloves and move things to different draws just to watch him make up new swear words….. 👿

samuri
    Free Member

I compile lists of people on forums..

he heh. I can’t remember from one day to the next who I thought was cool or a cock. Maybe I should copy you.

derekrides
    Free Member

bagpuss72 – Member
    I hide just one of each of Binners bike gloves and move things to different draws just to watch him make up new swear words…..

Are you Mrs Binners or his civil partner or similar then>

I must have married your sister..

derekrides
    Free Member

samuri – Member
    I compile lists of people on forums..

he heh. I can’t remember from one day to the next who I thought was cool or a cock. Maybe I should copy you.

I find it the only way in a forum as big and as transient as this one, when my time is up I shall publish it, it should be made ‘sticky’ but probably won’t due to the ‘<insert appropriate insult for bad person>’ content probably listing moderators.

Funny you made it on the cool folk bit as well, this must be a positive thread…

scu98rkr
    Free Member

I never use the shopping divider things on supermarket conveyor belts. It’s highly amusing to watch people who simply cannot stop themselves from placing them, even if I’ve only got one item.

you c***

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Little things you do to amuse yourself…’ is closed to new replies.