• This topic has 86 replies, 57 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by Olly.
Viewing 7 posts - 81 through 87 (of 87 total)
  • Little insignificant things that really get on your wick
  • coffeeking
    Free Member
    coffeeking
    Free Member

If it's a Volvo they don't have a choice do they?

They chose a volvo. That speaks volumes 😆

jon1973
    Free Member

They chose a volvo. That speaks volumes

Good point.

glenh
    Free Member

people who seem to think you need headlights in anything other than bright daylight conditions

People who refuse to switch their lights on even though it's raining/ getting dark. Or even worse, those who switch their side lights on rather than their headlights.

What's the problem?! Worried you're going to wear them out? Prefer to be invisible to other road users in order to save wear and tear on your light switch?

coffeeking
    Free Member

What's the problem?! Worried you're going to wear them out? Prefer to be invisible to other road users in order to save wear and tear on your light switch?

Or just have a different line drawn between off/side/headlight points than you do. And it doesn't make either of you right. Seen both extremes, people driving around on no lights at 1am (presumably by mistake) and people driving round with headlights on all day which is idiotic and wasteful too.

The highway code specifically states you must use headlights at night unless you're on a streetlit road, as most are these days.

You MUST

* ensure all sidelights and rear registration plate lights are lit between sunset and sunrise
    * use headlights at night, except on a road which has lit street lighting. These roads are generally restricted to a speed limit of 30 mph (48 km/h) unless otherwise specified
    * use headlights when visibility is seriously reduced (see Rule 226)

Night (the hours of darkness) is defined as the period between half an hour after sunset and half an hour before sunrise).

Sick of cyclists having their bike lights masked by morons with HID beams when it's not required.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Got another one……. photo's hosted with people like Frickr and Zoom then posted in threads that are 'no longer available' a few weeks later.
    That really winds me up 😡

Olly
    Free Member

people who seem to think you need headlights in anything other than bright daylight conditions

If it's a Volvo they don't have a choice do they?
    [/quote]

YES they do. i realise you dont have one, but those who do, and quote that "its a volvo, i cant turn them off" in an applemonkinapoloneck kind of way: RTFM

still, doesnt bother me at all if they are regular incandescents
    Gods HID beams infuriate me.

There is a HUGE difference in glare when you compare a traditional incandescent lightbulb, to a blue HID beam, or worse of all a line of strobing LEDs.
    I used to be able to say "Bloody Audis", then it was "Bloody German (car)s"
    Now they are all doing it, even little french cars (little french cars being the best type of car)

why can no one else see these things flashing? its REALLY distracting.
    and you dont stand a CHANCE of seeing a cyclist or motorbike when they are lost next to these tossers.

Viewing 7 posts - 81 through 87 (of 87 total)

The topic ‘Little insignificant things that really get on your wick’ is closed to new replies.