• This topic has 86 replies, 57 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by Olly.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 87 total)
  • Little insignificant things that really get on your wick
  • hungrymonkey
    Free Member

that vast number of advertisements for cleaning products, suggesting that i need 24hr protection from my toilet bleach. who the hell bleaches their toilet EVERY DAY?!

that 'man' who gave birth a couple of years ago, and the associated media hoohar – IT WAS A WOMAN WHO HAD HER TITS LOPPED OFF AND INJECTED HERSELF WITH TESTOSTERONE. IT WAS NOT A REAL MAN YOU FOOLS.

my housemates loudspeaker at 2am

fixing bikes.

nimrod2410
    Free Member

People who get to the top of escalators then stop whilst deciding which way to go.

joolsburger
    Free Member

People who drop litter on the trails

Punctures

rkk01
    Free Member

Football

samuri
    Free Member

Actually, I've just thought of something.

Next door. They're really getting on my wick.

Tim
    Free Member

nimrod2410 – Member

People who get to the top of escalators then stop whilst deciding which way to go.

I travel to and from the isle of wight – theres a smilar hing on the yarmouth ferry. People have a whole ferry ride, presumably know their destination then have to drive past a big sign saying (basically) West or East, and then still cant work out which of the two roads to take as they exit the tiny little ferry terminal.

Always fun after driving back miles from somewhere.

Cougar

People who wait in a queue for ten minutes at a checkout / ATM / fast food takeout, then when they finally get to the front, *then* start looking for their cash card, in their wallet, in their bag…

Last time I was in a fast food place there was a hefty queue, I must've stood there surrounded by the great unwashed for fifteen minutes or more. Got right to the front of the queue and the woman in front of me getting served at the till turns to her kid and goes "right, what do you want?" AAARGH!!

People who shop in supermarkets by dragging their trolley round at arm's length sideways, blocking off the entire aisle in both directions. I have a theory that these are the same people you often find in the middle lane of an otherwise empty M62, and walking 37-abreast in mixed use trail centres.

Soluble people who wait till they're blocking off a doorway before doing up their kids' coats, looking for umbrellas or otherwise **** about.

Actually, people.

*dog poo on the pavement
    *people who put their rubbish in the recycle bin cos they cant walk 10m to the rubbish
    *people who think that that paying a bit of car tax gives them the divine right to park anywhere, have cheap petrol, not be troubled by other traffic, say that cyclists shouldn't use the road cos they don't pay tax etc etc

richmars

At the end of programs on BBC, the credits get reduced into a smaller window so they can advertise other stuff. As it shrinks there's a jump in the scrolling of the text. Does my head in.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

People who drop stuff into the bowl when I'm doing the washing up. Utterly insignificant, yet it seems to really hack me off.

mountaincarrot
    Free Member

People who think those wooden things you put things in are called "Draws". – No, they are Drawers you dolt!

Cougar

Spoilerific previews of next week's episode at the end of a TV show. Stop it!!

RealMan
    Free Member

Really fat people. Its prejudice, but I can't stand them. Horrible to look at, take up too much space, move as slowly as humanly possible, usually smell pretty bad, cost the NHS money and they're just never happy or friendly.

Surely when they got half as fat as they are now, they must've thought, "hmm, better watch what I eat", not "better super-size that big mac".

Cougar

"draws" – that's up there with "gotten" and "Legos" in the red mist stakes.

Olly
    Free Member

You lot 😉

and Audis.

and the fact that if you live in Devon you get your driving liscence out of a bloody CRACKER.

2tyred

Women who address one another as "missus" – eg "how are you this morning missus?" – especially if they're the annoying bastards I work near.

samuri
    Free Member

and the fact that if you live in Devon you get your driving liscence out of a bloody CRACKER.

eh?

I with you on Audi's though, my wife drives ones. GRRR!

TheFlyingOx

Petrol station price boards where the '8' is put in upside-down. Shows a distinct lack of pride in one's work.

bassspine
    Free Member

peddle/pedal break/brake

DezB
    Free Member

When I remember something I'm supposed to do/get/bring then 5 minutes later forget.
    "Did you bring that..?"
    "Bollox!"

people who wait till they're blocking off a doorway before doing up their kids' coats, looking for umbrellas or otherwise **** about. and that.

Flaperon

People who assume they have an automatic right to join motorways from the slip road at whatever speed they choose. I am doing YOU a favour by moving over; the dashed white line means give way.

Haze

James Corden

hopster
    Free Member

People who use axel instead of axle. Mistake made lots in this forum. Sort it out.

Olly
    Free Member

Its a SW phenomenon (they have many unique traits though): I went into the local tesco on sunday to get some Diesel, and in the GARAGE of the 24HR TESCOS there were people with TROLLEYS!!

FFS!!
    i was queueing for 20 minutes because there were people who had decided to do thier weekly shop as part of the fuel run, rather than buy fuel, then continue to the full size tescos on the other side of the car park.

TROLLEYS!!! I SWEAR!!

When in King, fuel stations will sell FUEL, nothing else, Petrol, Diesel, and LPG. NOTHING ELSE!

glenh
    Free Member

James Corden

He's not little.

skidartist
    Free Member

When in King, fuel stations will sell FUEL, nothing else, Petrol, Diesel, and LPG. NOTHING ELSE!

When you're king you'll need a kings ransom to buy your fuel! As expensive as fuel is these days the margin that the fuel station makes in just a few pennies a tank, if they didn't sell patio sets, triples size bounty bars and Nuts magazine your local (non supermarket) fuel station would close tomorrow. You'll notice its only the supermarket fuel stations (who've been driving the margins down) are the only ones who give you the option to pay at the pump.

The thing that gets on my wick is whenever I leave the work early to watch the football the next morning all the pencils in the office smell a bit 'urethral'

willard

People that say things like "enter your PIN number". FFS, PIN stands for Personal Identification Number! Do you want me to enter my personal identification number number? Do ya? Same thing with the ATM Machine…. Grrrrr…

It's almost as bad as people asking me to input my "special" or "magic" number… What's so special about it? Is a PIN pad machine so alien and futuristic that you think I am some sort of frikking magician or time traveler to use it?

Oh, and incorrect use of the apostrophe.

spooky_b329

Drivers who join the motorway before those ahead of them, therefore blocking the lane and view of those trying to join correctly from the sliproad.

My local Tesco petrol station (lewes). I only go there once every few months, but each time I pull up at the self-service pump, forgetting that when I've finished it won't give me a receipt of any sort as they never bother filling it with till roll. I then walk in expecting them to be able to print one off, and I have to wait and hold up everyone else whilst they hand write a receipt in a special book and expect me to be able to remember how many litres I've put in, and recite all my card details. I'll then queue for the screenwash after checking that it doesn't still have the out of order sign on it, only to find a much smaller sign saying 'sorry its very slow' and the nozzle literally dripping. No wonder the lady in front drove off with a litre of neat screenwash in the reservoir and nothing else…

Finally;

Sidelights. They should only work when the engine is off…it was OK when cars had to have dim dip, but now half the country drives round with crappy little sidelights in poor visibility instead of turning on headlights that actually help you be seen.

sssimon
    Free Member

people who saw draw when they mean drawer, pacific when they mean specific, etc, etc, etc

People who don't even make a stab at bike brand, shimaninio, scram, truvantittive, ridgeway when they mean ridge back, etc etc, etc

people who call our shop and ask if we have a tube for a "insert supermarket bike brand here" and wonder why we don't know what size it needs (also applies to seatposts, bottom brakets, seat clamps etc, etc, etc)

marketing speak, blue sky thinking, off sheet, outside the box, etc, etc

people who say etc, etc at the end of everything

Olly
    Free Member

Drivers who join the motorway before those ahead of them, therefore blocking the lane and view of those trying to join correctly from the sliproad.

I do that, but then hold speed and position to give the quivering old dear who wouldnt pull out some cover so they can get off the sliproad before it turns into grass.

though people who think its ok to cut across the paint hatching wind me up.

nedrapier

My kids

skidartist
    Free Member

Yep I agree- your kids really get on my wick. Can't you lock them up somewhere, give us all some peace. 🙂

mansonsoul
    Free Member

Everyone who drives a car. Especially in a city or town.

Plastic bags: ban them already FFS

luked2
    Free Member

Using the word disinterested to mean uninterested. Pedants corner is alive and well.

Surely you mean:

Pedants' corner is alive and well

I reckon there are at least two pedants, hence apostrophe at the end.

sssimon
    Free Member

ah but does the corner belong to the pedants or is it just somewhere to keep them?

coffeeking
    Free Member

people who seem to think you need headlights in anything other than bright daylight conditions

sockpuppet

the woman at work who parks, not *in* the diabled spot outside her off door, but off to the the side: half on the grass and half on the hatching next to the diasbled spot thsu making it useless since that is there to allow the diabled driver's door to open fully and for them to manoeuvre.

shouldn't let it get to me, but it leaves me feeling like she is the worst sort of cretin. i'm sure she'd get all uppity if i ever catch her, and insist she was leaving the disabled space clear etc etc…

pretty much all bad or thoughtless parking pisses me off: yes, i too could park that badly or inconvenience all those round me. i don't, and usually have to walk about 50 or so yards more as a result. is that so hard…?

[wanders off grumbling]

PJM1974
    Free Member

The (New) Labour Party
    Reality television
    Endemol

jon1973
    Free Member

people who seem to think you need headlights in anything other than bright daylight conditions

If it's a Volvo they don't have a choice do they?

sockpuppet

oh, and the fact that i don't seem to be able to find a nice teapot that pours without dripping.

and people who kick litter.

i don't see dropping litter as trivial, so those that do the dropping don't make it into this list. it's those that kick it – you could as easliy have left it or, better, done the decent thing and picked it up and put it in a bin. the difference to our towns, cities and countryside that being litter free would make is massive.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 87 total)

The topic ‘Little insignificant things that really get on your wick’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM