Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Liner gloves
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

Where to get decent liner gloves, ideally in merino if not £££?

I am an XXL in teh hand dept and have previously found “one size fits all” are too wee.

simon1975

Silk ones from Decathlon? £6.99 IIRC. Full range of sizes; all seem quite small but are very stretchy. Recommended!

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

+1 for silk. Effective and minimal bulk.

ourmaninthenorth

+1 Decathlon. Love mine.

Philby

Another vote for silk – can get them at places like Millets though are likely to be more expensive than Decathlon.

BikePawl
    Free Member

I got a pair of Icebreaker from tiso’s not as cheap as the decathlon silk ones but very comfy

scruzer
    Free Member

SILK!!!! Any desent outdoors shop…

BikePawl
    Free Member

Go Outdoors down at Granton have These

oldgrump08
    Free Member

Patra silk stuff is pretty good.

Philby

And if you get silk ones be very careful putting them on so you don’t catch them on any velcro on the outer glove.

Mackem

Wiggle have some Gore ones pretty cheap. They work for me.

BadlyWiredDog

Google EDZ for affordable merino liner gloves, wore them through the winter cold snap under some Gore Tool gloves, worked well. Polypropolene (sp.) is good for liner gloves if you want something tougher and synthetic.

verses

I have the Seal Skins Merino ones. They’re good at getting extra warmth, but I have large hands, and even the largest size are a snug fit.

I’ve had them a year and holes are appearing along the seam between the thumb and fore-finger. These are my 2nd pair. The same happened to the first pair after a week or two and were replaced with these by the shop.

FuzzyWuzzy

I destroyed my silk ones in a 30c wash, replaced with merino (from Snow & Rock I think) and they’ve been fine, were a bit of a rip-off though (like £15 I think)

cynic-al
    Free Member

Got some Sealskins from UKBS, received today and fit great.

Thanks all

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Liner gloves’ is closed to new replies.