Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Lights?? Help!
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

So it would seem the greyness is returning in the evening already so I’m looking for lights. Don’t mind new or second hand but the fun controller will not accept me spending £££’s!
    Where to start? It will be the usual mix of woods/ trails that I ride in the daylight so I presume there’s a certain minimum required as in brightness wise. Any pointers?? Just seen some on flea bay but they’re unbranded so I’m not sure of their quality!
    Thanks in advance!

donsimon
    Free Member

Dealextreme for the price conscious not swayed by brand consumer, no?

wrightyson
    Free Member

As said DS I’ve no idea of brand or light snobbery, I couldn’t give a toss so longs as it doesn’t flicker out as I hit the first jump! 😯

Luminous
    Free Member

This ?

UK based, good Customer service.

I think Smudge has stock, so you should get it very quickly and the battery shouldn’t play-up either.

A far as budget lights go, it should be a consideration, imo.
    😉

montylikesbeer

XML Light at £30.00

or

4 x XPG £92.00

Both very good lights.

Or search for troute lights on here.

z1ppy

my quick summary

Though the XML units are getting a bit slagged for having to much of a hot spot, I think there great value & a better light than the orignal P7 (which again are great). If you want to guarantee a better spread & lots of light then the XPG version are probably best (they come in 3 or 4 LED versions). Bear in mind you’ll probably be waiting a minimum of 3 weeks from Dealextreme, unless you buy from a UK supplier.

Luminous
    Free Member

Or search for troute lights on here.

Yes, if the OP’s budget goes from say, 250 to 350.

Then my lights or Trouties lights perhaps should be in the hunt.

But I got the impression this was a call for budget lights.
    🙂

Which is where, if I were to recommend a budget light.
    I’d go for Smudge’s light as I know he will sell a useable product (for the money) which will get you around on the trails, and will give very good back up, promptly.

I’ve dealt with him for years, as have other folk on here.
    Its always been top service and knowledge.
    Well worth an extra 20 or 30 quid, imo.
    🙂

madhouse

I use Lumicycle, they are probably at the top end of your price range with halogens starting at £120.
    I’ve been using a twin lamp setup for a few years now, battery lasts for longer than I ride (2 to 3 hours – some lamp management) and I’ve certainly no problem with lack of ilumination.
    Just so you know, pretty much all the usage has been forest and trails.

Hohum
    Free Member

Deal extreme stuff for me.

I used mine again for the first time in this half of the year last night and they worked fine.

iainc

I wil be selling a second hand Hope Vision 4 next week – email in profile if interested

wrightyson
    Free Member

You were right Luminous, budgets the way forward or I’ll be riding with my gentlemans area heavily bandaged!! 😯

yan
    Free Member

or try these……

http://liteoption.com/

They powered the winning pairs team in the Torq 12:12 at the w/e.

Luminous
    Free Member

You were right Luminous, budgets the way forward or I’ll be riding with my gentlemans area heavily bandaged!!
    😆

Yeah, its not an uncommon story.

Main thing is to get people out on the trail through the winter nights.
    😉

michaelmcc
    Free Member

Exposure lights

nuff said.

ross980
    Free Member

Exposure lights
    nuff said.

As good as they are they’re hardly budget, which is what the OP asked for. Joystick are great but nowhere near as bright as the P7 Magicshines IME. You’d need to send £hundreds to get something as bright as P7/T6 light (not saying they’re not worth it, just saying they’re not exactly a budget light)

thepurist

If you don;t want to buy from Hong Kong there’s a guy selling the 4 XPG light on Ebay for not much more than DX.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Lights?? Help!’ is closed to new replies.