Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • light review please
  • trout
    Free Member

seeing as the bastard has stolen my lumen liberator beam shot for his sales blurb .
    and cant be arsed to get out and do his own then I would say do you trust the rest of what he says as being true .
    and would you trust this man/ person .

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I thought the picture looked familiar!

Its a p7 led torch like many others with a handlebar mount. It will not have a long runtime nor will it be 900 lumen

mieszko
    Free Member

Well it’s just a torch, the beam shot is stolen from Trout and as I have the dx bastid light it’s nowhere near as bright as on that shot. Another thing is the runtime will be short, on one battery I would probably think 2 hours would be max and that’s with switching through mods. Another thing worth mentioning is that the handlebar mount is utter crap, bought one to use my torch on the bars, flimsy, opens whenever You hit a bump, went to the bin after it broke after the 5th ride. I had to use some tape to hold it in place as the torch would fall out of it. All in all, this torch + handlebar mount are not worth over £50. The separate battery pack of the bastid is not that much of a problem, longer runtimes, much better light for the money.

trout
    Free Member

for what it is worth I have reported the seller to ebay as stealing my photo .

Though I suspect it wont make any difference to the guy .

bruneep

DIDNT GET TO TEST ON MY BILE

🙄

fastindian
    Free Member

for £70ish you can get 2x torches 4x batteries a charger and decent bar mounts direct from dealextreme. The chargers rated up 2 240v so just chop the 2 pin connector off and fit a standard uk plug. I’ve run a pair for 2 years with no probs. Build quality and light output nowhere near as good as trouts but there cheap and powerful enough for most night riding.

Ewan
    Free Member

Trout – not entirely sure if you can edit the contents of specific photobucket pictures, but if you can you have an excellent opporunity for some revenge here….

The guy’s hot linked to your album by the looks of things:
    http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:kqtISTJhFxP-kM:http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa46/amticoman/LIBERATOR%20BEAMSHOTS/beamshots007.jpg&t=1

If you can create a new photo with some text in it saying something along the lines of ‘This guy is a big fat fraud and smells of cabbage’ it’ll appear in his listing… by the looks of the URL if you give it the same file name and upload it to the same directory (after deleting the last one) the desired result will occur (worse case is that the photo just doesn’t show up any more).

Alternatively, you can just put a Goat.se photo up instead.

Jammy111
    Free Member

haha brilliant, or stick up a dirty photo which will get his listing closed sharpish!!

singletrackmind

Or just a black square?
    very dark in these woods at night.
    Re the OP. Runtime on full in the region of 1 hour on new 18650.
    I use 2 900lumen torches and for lighting the first 50 meters or so they do well, what they dont do is throw 100 meters like Trouts liberater.
    For VFM hard to beat if you buy an Ultrafire P7 for your lid and an MTE p7 for your bars, 4 batteries and a charger. They also do proper mounts, but they wont close down to the £14 Ultrafire WF, so put it on your lid.

PaulD
    Free Member

Guys,

He has just combined the $4 DX bikemount with this $21 DX torch.

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.17401

Bargain at just £53!

Form a queue, wait patiently….

zaskarrider
    Free Member

Hi Folks

thanks for the info and the warnings
    on to dealextreme for me then

smudge
    Free Member

Troutie, I’m sure you can put a watermark on your pics in photobucket. Maybe a good idea as he’s not the first to of used your pictures to sell their lights.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘light review please’ is closed to new replies.