• This topic has 7 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by cp.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Lidl Cycling Shoes
  • Jamie
    Free Member

Would it be a false economy to get a pair of the Lidl Bike shoes as an introduction to riding clipped in?

Will be used on a road or cx bike, so would the fact these look mtb specific make a difference?

BigJohn

I’ve got a pair. They’re absolutely fine, but after a season or so the steel plate that attaches the cleat can start to become separated.

I’ve done some epic (ish) peak and lake district rides in them, even after I found the plate problem.

Now just use them when decorating up a ladder (you need a solid sole for that).

I don’t suppose they’ll take proper roadie cleats, and roadies will spit at you.

Jamie
    Free Member

I don’t suppose they’ll take proper roadie cleats, and roadies will spit at you.

Forgive my pedal ignorance, rode flats all me life, but are there not SPD road pedals available?

BigJohn

Yes there are.

But they’re not proper roadie pedals.

parkesie
    Free Member

Perfect for the commute /pub rides can walk in them and they last well.

toaster93
    Free Member

I had a pair as my first SPD’s and they were great until the velcro strap broke, and the cleat fell off. Although from the pictures the velcro strap seems to be slightly re-designed. I now have shimano AM30s, which I picked up for £30 and are sooooo much better.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I’ve had a pair for a while, they’re as good as some other shoes I’ve had. Not brilliant, but well worth the money imo. Perfect to get started with SPDs I’d say, cos if you don’t get on with them, then you haven’t splashed loads on a pair of shoes, have you?

cp

I had a pair. One shoe lasted 8 miles before the thread pulled out of one of the cleat mount threads. The other stayed in ok, so instead of twisting and releasing, I twisted and the cleat just rotated on the bottom of the shoe, leaving me dangerously stuck to the pedal.

The other shoe did exactly the same, shortly after I’d fixed the first one with a shimano shoe insert/cleat plate.

The soles are lethal when wet…

Complete waste of money. Better to get some cheap shimano shoes, or if you have a decathlon nearby, some of those. Or wiggle dhb m1 shoes. Far far better.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Lidl Cycling Shoes’ is closed to new replies.