Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Lezyne Enhanced Super GPS – anyone used one?
  • madedgar
    Free Member

Evening,
    As per title, just after some real world experience of these as they look good value.
    Particularly does anyone use theirs as as off road navigation device and how does it fair?

Cheers.

continuity
    Free Member

So I have the Enhanced Micro Colour GPS – which has all of the features but is just smaller.

I’ll be honest – there’s a reason it’s cheap.

+ Features
    + Tracking of all ANT+ shit
    + Accurate GPS
    + Size
    + Battery Life
    + Simplicity
    + Mapping gives you a rough idea of which turning to take as a top down-breadcrump line (e.g. oh look the breadcrumbs are turning right in a bit better watch out for that but I don’t know in how far as the scale is stupid)

– Software (pc software is difficult, web interface is genuinely worse than most homebrew “i made a website mum” apps)
    – Interface (you will struggle to work out which screen you want to use because all of them hold like 20-30% useful information and just leave it on top-down-maps)
    – Route-planning (directions only work when you route plan using the online Lezyne interface which is cancerous as mentioned)
    – On-the-road guidance keeps getting confused – you set off at the start point of your uploaded gpx/tcx made on strava and it will just shout MOVING 20KM AWAY FROM START POINT DO YOU WANT DIRECTIONS FROM START POINT) and then increase this as you cycle the route. I don’t know who designed it but it doesn’t seem to work on gpx/tcx.

PS anyone want to buy a micro colour gps?

captaindanger

I also had the colour one for a few weeks, I sent it back because of some of the above reasons. Got a wahoo bolt which is miles better

mattbee

I like my Macro as a ‘record miles & junk’ device, the newest software updates make it pretty useable & the battery life is streets ahead of the various Garmins I’ve owned but the navigation side is woeful. So much so that I bought a Garmin Touring to use when I want to navigate & I just use the Lezyne fur ‘training’ rides & stuff where I already know where I’m going.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Bought my Super GPS ~2 months ago, happy with it so far on-road, there have been regular firmware and app updates since.

http://www.lezyne.com/gpsroot/gps_downloads.php

Lezyne Ally v2 App now does multi-point routes and is almost certainly better than http://www.lezyne.com/gpsroot/gps_routes-myroutes.php

DickBarton

I have the Enhanced Super GPS – a decent bit of kit with a great battery life (compared to the Garmin 500 it replaced).

The latest firmware update has added more functionality to it and I think it has made it more usable…however…

I’ve also recently got myself a Garmin VivoActive HR and I no longer use the GPS unit as the watch does the same thing but includes HRM all in 1.

I’m heading out on the bike this weekend and I will be using the GPS unit as the new firmware has allowed the interface to be tweaked slightly which appeals to my tastes more. Think I have a screen with 5 fields in it and they all give decent info.

Saying that, I’ve never used it to navigate, it was always to track where I’ve been as I don’t mind getting ‘lost’ – I don’t consider it lost, it is just part of the (mis)adventure.

madedgar
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies. Not the most positive feedback. I’ll give it a miss I think.
    Only reason why I’m looking at gps devices for navigation is that I’ve got a weekend in the lakes coming up, and whilst I enjoy map reading, it does get a bit tiresome constantly having check and double check and does impact the flow of a ride.
    And I don’t really want to splash £200 + on a Garmin.
    Any alternatives for decent navigation under 200 quids? Otherwise it’s back to plan A.

scottfitz
    Free Member

Wahoo bolt or second hand Garmin?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Lezyne Enhanced Super GPS – anyone used one?’ is closed to new replies.