Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Lets remove employment law…
  • AdamW
    Free Member

Osbourne looking into employment laws

I see Osbourne is ‘doing his bit’ for his mates. I’m not sure how it is going to create more jobs though.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Rules governing levels of compensation for workplace discrimination, and how long firms have to consult staff over job losses, are to be reviewed.

Chancellor George Osborne said that if the government was to support job creation it could not “shy away from looking at difficult issues”.

he is a genius

CaptJon
    Free Member

And on the day the Bank of England has revised its growth figures down, and it inflation figures up for the next couple of years…

mansonsoul
    Free Member

Insane. Like much that the Tories do, it will help businesses to further shaft their workers.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Saw that earlier. Wasn’t entirely sure I could believe it!

Anyway, TJ will be along in a bit I’m sure!

Junkyard
    Free Member

tbh locally [ I work in employment support so not hearsay] the only workers who benefit from highly flexible working arangements are immigrant workers who can cope with erratic payments/hours/conditions.
    Locally many of the warehousing/distribution firms [ multinationals mainly]now use agency and zero hour contracts [ which are illegal] so you turn up for work and they decide if they want you that day. that is less than ideal if you have a mortgage to pay. It has made workers less likely to take employment not more likely as the propsed employment is so insecure.
    A flexible and adaptable workforce is one thing and easily shaftable one is another and not helpful.

El-bent
    Free Member

Oh dear, the IOD and CBI mentioned in the same report. Full of people who want rule changes for their employees, but their membership will be little affected by it themselves.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Labour said the proposals would make working life less secure.

No sh*t ?

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Perhaps we should form unions

uplink
    Free Member

Way back in 1980 or something I had a badge that read

“Don’t blame me, I didn’t vote Tory” – I wonder if it’s still around?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I’d rather have one which says “Don’t blame me, I didn’t vote LibDem”

grum
    Free Member

Shameless bastards. 🙁

duckman

Perhaps we should form unions

Perhaps we should join our unions

highclimber
    Free Member

there was talk to extend the 1 year service clause to 24 months so your employer could get rid of you for no reason what so ever within that period and you can’t claim unfair dismissal unless you can prove it was for harrasment or discrimination!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Lets remove employment law…’ is closed to new replies.